So I was nominated for another Leibster Award by the lovely Jody from www.jodysscribbles.wordpress.com who I actually know from school! I had no idea she was such a talented writer so please check out her blog!
For those who don’t know, a Leibster Award is an online award used to recognise new bloggers and are generally given to those with less than 200 followers (the exact number changes, but you get the drift). The blogger who nominates you asks you 10 questions then you answer their questions, nominate some more people and ask them a different set of 10 questions and so on.
Here are the questions Jody asked and my answers:
1. What’s the main reason why you have a blog?
When I first started blogging, the main reason I did it was to pass time when I was bored but now I do it because I love it and I love expressing my opinions on the books I’ve read. I’m hoping to turn this hobby and passion into a job some day.
2. What is most important to you in the world?
Friends, family, my boyfriend and my dog. And books. And pizza.
3. If you’re experiencing writer’s block, how do you overcome this?
I sometimes get this if I’m writing a review. I know what I want to say but I just don’t know how to word it and no matter what I write it sounds stupid. When this happens, I usually leave the book and the review completely for a few hours and don’t even think about it and come back to it later. Or if it’s quite late I’ll sleep on it and do it first thing in the morning and this usually works really well.
4. What most inspires you to write?
That’s quite a hard question as a book reviewer, but I think the thing that inspires me to keep writing reviews is the wonderful response you get from (some) authors. You don’t realise how much a book review is appreciated sometimes and it’s amazing to hear that you’ve made someone’s day with a 5 star review of their book!
5. Who was your greatest role model as a child?
Okay I actually had to ask my mum this one and she said, ‘Well you always used to cry when Noddy finished…’. Don’t think she quite grasped the concept of this question ha-ha. I really don’t know to be honest!
6. If you looked back on your life, is there anything you wish you had done differently?
Yes! When I was in school my dream was to be a fitness instructor because I loved sports and fitness but then my sixth form wasn’t running P.E the year I went but I didn’t want to go anywhere else so I stayed and did Art instead (which I hate). I wish I’d had the balls to go to another sixth form college where P.E was an option then I probably would have gone to university and studied Sports Science. That was my plan for years but I’m nowhere near fit enough now to try and pursue it.
7. What’s your favourite post you have created and why?
Ooh my favourite post is probably either 20 facts about me or book blogging tips. The 20 facts about me post was a lot of fun to write and after it was published I had so many people say to me, ‘I love Green Day too!’ or ‘I didn’t know that about you, that’s cool.’ It’s amazing how little we know about our online friends but after doing a post like that you realise we’re all a lot similar than we thought. The book blogging tips post I did was another favourite because it had a great response and a lot of people said it helped them. My aim with that post was that if it helped just one person then it was worth it and it was.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, past, present or future, where would you go?
Wow okay, I’d love to go and see the Northern Lights (am going to start saving up next year to go!), Fiji and America. I would love to visit London back in the 1920’s or something because it seemed so much more civilised back then. I don’t think I’d want to see what anything looked like in the future – I dread to think what we might have done to the planet by then.
9. What would you like to be doing in 5 years time?
Hmm, ideally I’d like to be paid to read lots and lots of books! Or married with a filthy rich husband. In all seriousness, in 5 years I’d like to have a job that I love – something to do with writing, reading, publishing – live in my own house/flat, maybe have a kid and just generally be happy. Or travelling the world, I’d be pretty happy doing that in 5 years.
10. What do you hope to achieve by writing?
The only thing I really hope to achieve by writing is helping people. Whether it’s helping a new blogger with my book blogging tips post or helping someone pick our their next read by one of my reviews. If I go on to write about more controversial topics in the future I just hope people can relate to them and know they’re not alone.
The people I’m nominating are: (You’re supposed to nominate 10 people, but I already nominated some the last time I did this so I’m just going to stick to a few)
And my questions for you girls are:
1. What’s the best book you’ve ever read and why?
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
3. What is your greatest achievement?
4. If you were in the hunger games what would be your weapon of choice?
5. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
6. What’s your favourite time of the year?
7. If an alien came to earth and asked you for a book recommendation what would you suggest?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
9. If you could be any character from a TV show who would it be and why?
10. What famous person would you love to meet and why?