This year, I turn 23. I’m very much enjoying my 20’s but can’t help but think about how quickly it’ll be over (translation: I’m having a premature quarter life crisis) and how many things I’d still like to achieve while I’m still young. So.. Lo and behold, my 33 before 33 list. A 10 year bucket list, if you will.
I’ve concocted a list of things I’d like to do and achieve before I’m 33; some are quite unrealistic others, I know I will be doing – I wanted a mixture of things with varying degrees of difficulty and impact.
1) Finish my manuscript or if I’m really lucky, get a book published I’d like to think this won’t take 10 years but I’m giving myself some leeway.
2) Visit my best friend in Scotland I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing this this year. Plus, I’ve never been to Scotland! So two birds, one stone and all that.
3) Volunteer/raise money for an animal charity
4) Get a figure I’m happy with I’m hoping this won’t take 10 years but as someone who has extremely low self-esteem, it may be something that I always struggle with but it’s worth a try.
5) Visit at least 5 places I’ve never been before (In the UK or abroad)
6) Get married
7) Have a baby That’s right… I want to venture into the world of motherhood. Not this very second but sometime in the next 10 years.
8) Read all the books currently on my bookcase Probably the most unrealistic thing on here.
9) Get my driving confidence back Since being diagnosed with anxiety 3 years ago, I’d lost a lot of confidence driving and it made me really panicky – I’d love to be able to just jump in a car again without a second thought.
10) Get another tattoo I have no idea why I’m so scared to get one as I’ve already had one.
11) Stay over-night in a zoo
12) Take my kid/s to Disneyland or just go by myself. Whatever.
13) Save up a decent amount of money for the future
14) Go on a spa weekend
15) Meet an author Believe it or not, I’ve never actually met one in person!
16) Get a rescue dog
17) Go on a road trip around the UK coasts Something I’ve always wanted to do!
18) Learn to and successfully cook a full roast dinner
19) Write down one thing that has made me happy/grateful that day, every day for a year
20) Get 5,000 blog followers Who knows if I’ll be blogging in 10 years but I’d like to hit this milestone.
21) Meet more of my blogging friends
22) Go camping Sleeping in a tent, in the garden, for 1 night constitutes camping in my eyes
23) Get a telescope
24) See a grand prix or some sort of racing event
25) Grown my own vegetables I know… I sound like an old woman but I think they’d be nice.
26) Donate a Christmas shoebox to a shoebox appeal charity during 5 Christmases
27) Start drumming again I have my drum kit in my loft which I haven’t played in over 2 years. I want to start drumming again so much because I absolutely love it. Whether it’s for 2 weeks or 10 years.
28) Have a picnic on the beach Because aww.
29) Name a star; either after myself or someone I love
30) Do an A2/A1 montage drawing of Disney characters
31) Visit the fairy pools in Scotland
32) Go go karting
33) Have an unforgettable adventure
So there we have it! My 33 before 33 list. I’m feeling so inspired after writing and thinking about this list that I already have plans to try two of these things. I will update this regularly and cross off any that I manage to do and link blog posts to any that I write about (e.g travel related ones).