In case you didn’t guess by the title of this blog post, today, I turned 23. To me, 23 is a big scary number that makes it sound like I should have it all figured out when really, I don’t. For that reason mostly, I’m not a huge fan of my own birthday (other people’s however, I love!) because more often than not you focus more on what you haven’t achieved by the age you turn, rather than what you have. But this year, I thought I’d try and put things a little more into perspective.
A while ago I wrote a blog post called 33 before 33. Quite simply, 33 things I want to do before I’m 33. I’ve already made a start on this list – some things will take me a day, others will take me years so it’s an ongoing project but one I like and can focus on. So today, instead of moping around, complaining that I’m getting old, blah blah blah, I’d like to focus on my achievements and things I want to do within the next year before I turn 24 (some things which will be taken from my list).
What I’ve Achieved/Done in the Past Year:
- I visited somewhere new: The Lake District.
- I started focusing properly and working hard on my novel. I’m now just under 3/4 through.
- I started offering advertising space on my blog.
- I took an interest in cooking and my boyfriend and I have made lots of meals from scratch.
- My personal/home life has changed, dramatically.
- I’ve grown and expanded my blog touring business into all genres.
- I’ve met my best friend, Lynsey James. Twice! (Soon to be 3 times, in November!)
- I’ve met lots of new people and battled my social anxiety.
- I’ve organised a fundraising event for October! (You can find out more, here)
- I’ve booked more holidays: Another UK staycation, a boating holiday and hopefully Disneyland Paris next year too!
What I’d Like to Do/Achieve in the Next Year
- Reach 1,500 blog followers.
- Finish the first draft of my manuscript (and hopefully some edits too!)
- Go to Scotland to visit my best friend and her family.
- Go to the theatre with my boyfriend.
- Make a Christmas shoebox for the shoebox appeal charity.
- Learn how to cook a roast dinner then successfully make one by myself.
- Start driving again
- Grow my nails (and keep them nice because they’re fucking rank).
- Write down 1 thing that made me happy/grateful every day for a year – starting on my birthday.
- Do something I’ve never done before.
Now because it’s my birthday and I’m feeling generous, I’m going to be giving away one Peter Pan advertising package for the month of October to one winner. Included in this package is: Your blog button/book cover in my sidebar for a month, 3 grouped follow Friday’s on Twitter, 1 individual follow Friday on Twitter, 3 blog posts/links of your choice shared on my Facebook page and one extra shout out either on my Facebook or on my monthly wrap-up post.
You can enter the Rafflecopter giveaway here. The giveaway will run from 4th September till 25th September.