You’ve seen the blog posts and you’ve seen the tweets and you’ll know that the blogging world is a very exclusive and complicated place. We all want apart of it and we all try and portray it like it’s the best thing ever. There’s plenty of misconceptions about the blogging world and the bloggers within in and I’m here to put the record straight. Here are some things that bloggers don’t actually tell you…
1. We actually do nothing else but blog. We might give the illusion that we have a life outside of blogging but really, that’s what we’re doing from the second we wake up until the second we go asleep. We don’t have kids or partners or jobs or hobbies. We can’t, we don’t have time.
2. We don’t get dressed either I mean, why should we? We all work from home and don’t see anyone else so what’s the point? Pizza stained pyjamas and 7 day old unwashed hair all the way man.
3. Which brings me onto my next point, we so lazy man. Like so lazy. But we can afford to be lazy. Cos we’re bloggers.
4. And as a blogger, I’m entitled to tell you that despite what it may seem, blogging is actually really fucking easy. Seriously, any Tom, Dick or Harry can create a blog and get thousands of followers in like a couple of months with the help of a few “triple your following” eBooks from Amazon for £58.38 each.
5. And lastly… we’re actually pretty lucky cos we just get sent all this cool stuff for free! We like, don’t have to buy anything. So when you see us share photos of stuff we’ve been sent, you can bet your bottom dollar that we’re bragging cos look at all this stuff that we didn’t earn and don’t have to work for!
What are the most annoying things people assume about bloggers? Do your friends think you actually work hard at your blog? Does your mum think you’re getting sent that product to like, review and write about and not just to keep for free?
* This is, quite freaking OBVIOUSLY, a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic as fuck post about all the stupid as fuck misconceptions people have about bloggers and blogging. Like, this is what they sound like sometimes when they’re throwing out their presumptions. Bloggers are damn hard working and if we’ve been sent something by a brand, we bloody deserve it. And not to mention, we jugggle blogging with jobs, school, families, kids, hobbies and life outside of the computer screen. So for anyone who has a blog and who works hard at it, you rock!