The ever ever ever so lovely Laura Noakes tagged me in this Blogger Recognition Award tag which I really wanted to do. I also wanted to take this chance to help support smaller bloggers so please do check out all the bloggers I’ve tagged in this post. Anyway, here’s are the rules:
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created (I’ll probs just tag y’all on Twitter!)
How my blog started
My blog started in March / April time 2013 and to be perfectly honest, it stated from boredom. I was suffering with crippling anxiety at the time and I had just quit my college course and work placement which I was doing to becoming a teaching assistant in a primary school after realising I just couldn’t hack it and kids annoyed me. I was at home with no job, no studying, not many friends and no passion for anything anymore. Apart from books. Books have been a huge part of my life ever since I was a kid. And growing up, I never lost that love. I found a book blog one day and thought what a wonderful idea it was so I set one up myself and voila! Here we are!
Advice for new bloggers
1. Be your god damn self. Don’t follow the crowd or write about what everyone else is writing about just for the sake of trying to fit in. Individuality is so needed in blogging; use yours.
2. Never be afraid to ask for help. Even if it’s the silliest little question that you’re totally baffled by, just ask someone! Bloggers are friendly and mostly helpful people. You’ll always find someone that’s willing to help.
Here’s my bunch of bloggers which I tag to do this post. As I mentioned, I’m sticking to bloggers with under 500 blog followers to help support smaller bloggers and encourage you to follow them!
- Shafia Begum Blogs
- Duffy Does Disney
- Chaz Book Worm
- Angel Whispers
- This Booky Place
- It’s Blogging Caro
- Holly Da Silva
- We Are All Critics
- Out of Tea Bags
- Reading Through Infinity
- Natalie Leanne
- El Frances
- Aoife’s Blog
- The Chronicles of Holly
- Reading to Recover