On 26th June, I wrote a post about some current goals I had at that point. My target for these goals was my birthday which is on 4th September. Well, it’s the 1st today so we’re only a few days away and how did I do? Did I achieve any of my goals? I’m taking a look back at them today and seeing how I did!
1. Reach 140k page views before my birthday: I completed this on 1st August, so exactly a month ago today. So it’s safe to say I smashed that one! I’m still stunned that I have over one hundred thousand views on this little blog! Thank you to everyone who reads or visits every now and again!
2. Post every day in July: I sure as hell completely this and it was difficult – especially towards the end but I did it and I loved it! I wrote a post on what I learnt from blogging every day here.
3. Reach 7,000 Twitter followers before my birthday: I completed this on 7th July, so way before my birthday!
4. Read more and blog more about books in the coming month/s: I definitely did this in July, I found myself reading more and posting much more about books. Some of my reviews from the last 2 months are; Last Seen Alive by Claire Douglas, Tin Man by Sarah Winman and The Chalk Man by C.J Tudor.
5. Start a new project: Now… This one is where things didn’t run as smoothly. I had a wonderful idea for a project I was hoping to start, I sent out emails and started planning but then I realised just how much work it was going to be and I literally just gave up over night. But… I guess this can be counted as a project but I have now started writing a book! A publisher has said they want to see 3 chapters from me for a novel idea I have that they really like so that’s what I’m currently working on. Exciting, huh?
6. Hit a certain amount of savings: Completed this one on 26th July. Way before when I thought I was going to so I’m super happy about that.
7. Finish watching The Handmaid’s Tale: I’m so bad at starting a TV show then giving up halfway through. Even if loved the show. But I really wanted to finish The Handmaid’s Tale because it was so utterly brilliant and the finale did not disappoint!