Autumn is upon us! Technically, it started on Friday 22nd September in the UK (also my mum’s birthday) so it’s socially acceptable to embrace all the Autumn tings now we’re officially in the season. Although what’s the betting we get a heat-wave now? But anyway, it’s the season for all us basic bitches (absolutely nothing wrong with being a basic bitch) to come out of our shells and to flood the blogoverse with pumpkins , fairy-lights and candles galore. Here’s my own basic-ass list of things you can do to fully embrace the most wonderful season of all.
- Write some Autumn themed blog content! I have a whole list of ideas here
- Make an Autumn Pinterest board
- Write an Autumn bucket list
- Treat yourself to a new fluffy blanket / jumper
- Experiment with different types of tea, to keep you warm when it starts getting cold!
- Make DIY Autumn home décor
- Deep clean your house / bedroom / desk to mark the start of a new season
- Write down your goals for the rest of the year
- Perfect a hearty, comfort food recipe
- Organise a cute movie night for a chilly evening
- Sort out your wardrobe; give some old summer clothes to charity and bring forward your colder wear
- Try something with pumpkin in it
- Go out for afternoon tea
- Create an Autumn reading list
- Start a new hobby
- Carve a pumpkin
- Dig out all your candles
- Go on a chilly, morning walk and step on crunchy leaves
- Experiment with a new craft; painting, flower pressing or knitting?
- Watch some fireworks with loved ones
- Buy a homeless person a warm meal / cup of tea or donate tins to a food bank
- Start preparing your Christmas shopping list / presents
- Go conker collecting
- Treat a loved one to a new pair of fluffy socks to keep their feet warm
- Make a hot chocolate with all the trimmings
- Invest in new lip care to take care of your lips in the cold weather
- Just take a moment to sit and embrace the change of season
Do you have anything to add to this list? What are your plans for Autumn? Are you a fan of Autumn?
Looking for some new blogs to read? Check out these 2 amazing ladies!
The Lilac Linnet