Health & Wellbeing

Top Self Care Gifts From Me to Me

AD | The notion of self care has taken the world by storm over the last few years. Which is pretty ridiculous when you think that we’ve had to be reminded over and over again to take care of ourselves better? It seems like an obvious thing but so many of us neglect our basic self care needs. I’ve been on my own self care journey and have discovered so much about myself. Including the importance of treating yo’ self! So today I’m going to share my top self care gifts I like to treat myself with!

Top 10 Self Care Gifts: 3 Rows of 3 different coloured and flavoured donuts

Image credit

The thing I love about self care is that it can mean anything you need it to mean. And treating yourself on a self care basis is so versatile. From one day to the next, our self care needs can change so dramatically. So here’s my top 10 self care gifts I like to treat myself to on a regular basis, some physical things and some not!

My top self care gifts from me to me (or you to you!)

1. A yummy Yoga practice

Do I ever go a day without mentioning Yoga? But that’s because for me, Yoga is my biggest form of self care. I honestly don’t know how I got through life without it before. Yoga is always my go-to self care treat. And being as I practice from home, it doesn’t have to cost a penny either! There are so many incredible practices that I can give myself exactly what I need. Sometimes that’s a slow, gentle practice. Sometimes it’s sweating it out!

2. Food (mostly pizza)

I love food. Food makes me happy. I eat a lot of it. And I just love it. So naturally, food would definitely make my list of top 10 self care gifts I like to treat myself to. Especially on days when I’m feeling a little low or fragile, food is another one of my go-to remedies. Domino’s Pizza is my absolute favourite takeaway and I never feel bad for treating myself when I know it’s exactly what I need.

3. Herbal remedies or natural products

I’ve mentioned a few times before how I use herbal remedies for my anxiety. I understand this isn’t for everyone but for me, it’s a really important part of my self care routine. Noticing when my anxiety is peaking and actively acting on that with some new products. I’m also really into bath salts and natural bath products at the moment too, which also help with not only my anxiety but aches and pains from Yoga too!

To kill two birds with one stone, Curated Wellness Co are soon to be offering CBD oil subscription boxes for energy, sleep, energy and recovery. Which to me, are all incredibly important elements of self care. If like me, you’re interested in herbal remedies for anxiety or just general well-being, then subscribe to a CBD monthly box, reap the benefits and boost your self care!

4. Have a nap

Sometimes when you’re feeling low, you just can’t be arsed with even trying to make yourself feel better. So a nap is the perfect solution to this. I always treat myself to a nap when I’m feeling low or lacking energy. Who cares what time of day it is or what I’ve got left to do on my to-do list? There’s always tomorrow to try again.

5. A long gaming session

I love gaming and for me, it’s one of the only ways I can genuinely and wholeheartedly switch off from the world. I love the immersion factor. The characters. And how involved you have to be. I’ve been obsessed with Red Dead Redemption 2 since it’s release last year and I’ve lost hours playing that game. But I’ve enjoyed every single second so for me, that’s a successful self care treat.

6. A book (even though I have enough already)

I mean… nobody can have too many books can they? Something as simple as a new book is a lovely self care treat in my opinion. And if I’m low on cash (or spent it all on the pizza I was talking about) then a trip to the library is just as good. Immersing myself among books is always a good way to dial inwards and focus on self care.

What are your top self care gifts that you like to treat yourself to? Any on this list? Let me know!

* This is a sponsored post

Wanna get involved? Join my supportive Facebook bloggers group, Starlight Bloggers!

Advertisements

Jenny in Neverland

Twenty-something lifestyle blogger from Essex. Book lover, Slytherin, organisational wizard and enjoys Motorsport, Disney and Yoga.

1. heather says:

I love food too, it’s definitely a comfort thing for me x

1. Totally x

2. Mine is food , Netflix and walking in the countryside x can’t beat it x

1. A walk in the countryside sounds lovely x

1. It is, it’s a good mood balancer for me

3. Great post – here’s to self-care gifts to ourselves! I enjoy your suggestions too (minus the gaming) and also enjoy walks in nature 🦔🌼🍁

1. That you x

4. Cynthia | Raven Tree Tarot says:

Food and yoga tend to be my self care gifts as well! Though I haven’t practiced in a while. I definitely miss it! It’s so important to do things for yourself every once in a while!

1. Hope you get back into it soon 😌

5. You mostly have me covered with food, naps and gaming XD
    I recently have got into yoga a bit again and I find when I manage to do it regularly I feel a bit better (plus bee breathing is something I’ve been doing to try and calm myself since I was a kid, I just add rocking to it) and the app I use appeals to the gamer side of my brain as I win tokens for ever 10 minutes I complete to then unlock new flows or series 😀

My current “treat yo’self” self-care is lip balm and hand cream. I’ve bought about 5 mini hand creams this week when I’ve been having feelings and trying not to buy too many sweets because I know a sugar cycle continues the feeling ugh for longer. Oh and sheet masks too. I have a little collection now XD

1. I’ve never tried a sheet mask! Although I have been slathering on the lip balm recently due to the weather!

1. I only tried it because I struggle with the mess from clay or peel off masks and they are surprisingly nice, kinda like sitting with a wet flannel on your face 🙂

6. My self care gifts are either reading a book with a cup of hot tea or a cup of coffee with a square of dark chocolate.

1. Make that a whole bar of dark chocolate and me too 😂

7. Yes to food, naps and gaming! I definitely do all of these 3 things to help relax me, it’s great to treat yourself to an evening where you can order in a pizza and play some games!

Chloe xx

1. Sounds like the perfect night in my opinion!

8. This is Adnarim93 says:

I love this post! I’m with you on naps and food. For me, I also like to add a good spa package as selfcare gift to myself.

1. That sounds lovely!

9. Food, naps and a good book are my ultimate self care boosters!
    It’s amazing how something so simple can make such a huge effect on our minds! 😊

Love Lozza xo

1. It really is, it doesn’t take much sometimes 😌

10. Healthy food that makes me feel energized, walks outside, and listening to relaxing music are some of my favorites! I recently finished playing Okami HD for PS4 and my husband wants the Red Dead Redemption 2 game. I might get it for him for Father’s Day.

1. You should! Although you’ll never see him again once he starts playing it 😂

1. I can totally see that happening 😂

2. Update: I bought the game for him today 🙂 he’s really excited about it and told me to play it too. Considering how horrible I am at playing GTA5, I doubt I will be any good lol

3. YAYYY! I’m so glad. Please let me know how you both get on. I don’t think there’s a “being good” at Red Dead. It takes some practice as there’s a LOT involved but it’s such a long game that you have so much time to practice everything 🙂 x

11. I love to take time out to read, write or do something creative. I’ve recently started using my exercise bike to get the endorphins going!

Louisa | http://www.loubeeloublogs.co.uk

1. Great idea! I have an exercise bike at home and really need to use it more!

12. I love these ideas. It’s amazing how much you learn about yourself just from some self care, I never even knew I needed it before now!

I love a good yoga practice, but have been slacking lately, I’m about to take a nap to re-cooperate after a hard therapy session and I will probably do some gaming later. All great ways to recharge!

– Nyxie

1. Definitely! 😌

13. You can never have too many books! These are all excellent ideas, I also watch TV and listen to music I love as self care so a vinyl is an excellent self care gift!

1. Oooh I bet!

14. I smiled after reading the second point. Pizza is my favorite comfort/ self care food. People might call it an unhealthy choice but a takeaway from Domino’s instantly cheers me up. Thanks for sharing the post,

Love,
    Anjali

1. Who cares if it’s unhealthy it’s not like you’re eating it every day! 😌

15. Yes! Yoga, pizza and napping are my favourites too! I would also add having a bath as well 🙂 I agree, it’s so important to make self-care a priority, and like you say, there is always tomorrow to try again. Thanks for the reminder Jenny and fab post too! PS. I’m also craving a doughnut right now, they look so appetizing in the photo!! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

1. Oooh yes a bath! Good one! I’ve started to have a few more baths recently, was thinking about having one today actually! 😌

16. Tea, being with my puppy, writing and being with the people I love help me feel better about myself

1. Spending time with my dog helps too x

17. Ahh, I love gaming too. It’s always a bit of escapism when I need to just shut off and it really helps take my mind off my pain. I’ve actually been playing Diablo 3 a lot since last week as the new season started. 😀 I tend to prefer MMO RPG like WoW, and FFXIV. Diablo 3 is my ‘fix’ at the moment though. 😀

Sarah 🌺 || Boxnip || Latest Post

1. Funny how we get so obsessed and attacked to one particular game! I can’t see myself playing anything but Red Dead Redemption at the moment 😂 I am utterly obsessed!

18. Love this!

1. Thank you x

19. I’m reright there with you on the naps and will be taking your suggestion for more herbal products as gifts to myself!

1. Ah so glad! 😌 Bach’s rescue remedy is great x

20. Sarah says:

I always feel better after a nap xx

1. Sometimes I feel awful after a nap haha x

21. Ayse says:

I love these ideas so much! Taking a nap and buying myself a new book is my personal fave!

Ayse x

1. Thank you x

22. Wow! We’re similar except for the Yoga. Haven’t tried that one yet. x

1. You should give it a go – I have plenty of posts about it if you need any advice 😌

23. The Happy Book Blog. says:

Treating myself to a new book (As if I just pop one book into my shopping basket) never fails to put a big smile on my face.🙂

1. Haha that’s great to hear!

1. The Happy Book Blog. says:

Thank you!😁

24. I love seeing how everyone practices their own brand of self care. Loved this post! It reminded me that it’s about time to treat myself to a good book to relax!

1. I’m so glad! 😌

25. I’ve not been to the library for such a long time but that’s such a good tip! I find books a massive help when I’m feeling low or stressed. Also yes to Dominos! Can’t beat a pizza xx

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk