Other

If I Won the Lottery…

AD | It’s been a long ol’ time since I did a more casual post like this. Although I love sharing blogging tips, talking about Yoga and advice on self employment, it’s nice to throw all that out and write something fun for a change! And who doesn’t want to win the lottery?

Photo by Stefan Maass on Unsplash

Not that I actively play the lottery and not that my parent’s piddly Lotto draws will make us millionaires. But it’s nice to dream every now and again about what could be. And I’m sure we’ve all dreamed about what we’d do if we won the lottery.

So today I’m going to cry about all the things I can’t afford and what I’d spend my money on if I won the lottery (and I mean like, millions, not a tenner):

Give to charity

Aw, look at me starting all humble and compassionate. I think I’d hate myself forever if I won millions on the lottery and didn’t give anything to charity. If I was in a position to give to someone that needs it, I definitely would (my boyfriend, not so much).

So I think I’d give a bit to an animal charity of some sort as I love animals. A cancer charity because we’re all affected by cancer in some way. And maybe the British Heart Foundation as my Dad had a heart attack last year and bypass surgery this year. He was very lucky but I know there’s so many families who aren’t.

Buy a property abroad

I’ve always loved the idea of having a holiday home. But I think if I won the lottery, I’d really splash out on a lovely property abroad. I’m not a very materialistic person and I don’t tend to “splash out” on physical things like, ever. But a holiday home would provide so many lovely memories along with it.

There’s so many destinations I’d be happy to have a holiday home in. And the properties themselves are out of this world gorgeous! The Callum Swan Realty website definitely has me dreaming big on the type of property I’d buy if I won the lottery!

Book a VIP Formula 1 experience

I love Formula 1 and Motorsport, although I don’t talk about it much (if at all?) on this blog. But it’s one of my biggest passions. I’ve not been to a Formula 1 Grand Prix yet. Partially because the thought of all those crowds makes my anxiety skyrocket. And partially because well, they’re hella expensive.

Which, in the Formula 1 world, is definitely something that needs addressing. But if I won the lottery, I’d definitely buy my boyfriend and I VIP tickets to a Formula 1 event. No expenses spared. Best seats in the house. Access all areas. The nicest and closest hotel. You get the point!

Buy my family the things they need

Although this is point number 4 on the list, it’s probably the first thing I’d do if I won the lottery. Sort everyone else out first and then think about what I want. I think that’s kinda in my nature anyway. Despite having never won the lottery (or any amount of money) before.

So I’d pay off any debt my parents might be in. I’d buy them a new car and a new house (if they wanted one). And if not, I’d buy whatever new items they need for the current house. And I’d also buy my boyfriend the car of his dreams. He loves cars so I know he’d be over the moon.

Go to Disneyland Paris

Let’s end on the most basic thing ever shall we? Basic or not, I love Disneyland Paris. Although I’ve been multiple times before, I’d definitely use some of my lottery winnings to book a holiday to Disneyland Paris and similarly to the Formula 1 point, I’d go bigger than ever before.

So that definitely means staying in the Disneyland Hotel and booking dinner in all the best restaurants and just having a holiday where money is no object. Like I said, I’m not a materialistic person. But I’d love to go on holiday somewhere I love and know that I can have all the experiences I want because I don’t have to worry about money.

Now it’s your turn! What would you buy or spend your money on if you won the lottery? Nothing is off limits! Let me know in the comments!

* This is a sponsored post

Advertisements

Jenny in Neverland

Twenty-something lifestyle blogger from Essex. Book lover, Slytherin, organisational wizard and enjoys Motorsport, Disney and Yoga.

1. I love this post! if I ever win the lottery i would invest some for sure! Donating to Saint Judes i would do also! I would buy my parents a place they can retire In anywhere they wished. Along with taking a much needed family vacation away to another country! For myself i would use some money to start a small business. Also if you would like check out my blog! I would love feedback im very new to blogging! Will be looking at your blogging tips post!

1. I have plenty of blogging tips posts!

2. bethany jane says:

Honestly, I tell people I’d be all humble and giving money away to charity (which I would, don’t get me wrong), but the absolute first thing I’d do is book a luxury holiday in the Caribbean haha! My selfish streak would rear its head, I know it would!
    Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

1. Hahaha not selfish I don’t think! It’s your money, do what you damn well want 😉

3. Emily Ann says:

This is SUCH a fun blog post idea! And one I’ve thought about numerous time even though I’ve never played the lottery, though I do enter a fair amount of contests (kind of the same, but not really?). Hmm… for me, I’d give money to my family, save money for myself and maybe invest (so grown up!), buy a house, and buy a cottage in the English countryside (aka my dream house). Ugh, so much fun to think about! It’s as if my Pinterest boards will have come to life… 😉

Such a great post idea! I loved reading it! And I’ve always wanted to go to Disneyland Paris! I’ve always wanted to visit all the Disney parks around the world, too.

Emily | https://www.thatweirdgirllife.com

1. Visiting all the Disney parks would be amazing!

4. I litve how yours are mainly nice things for other people to enjoy too and my first thought when I read the title was ‘open a restaurant’. And the second was ‘Wimbledon tickets’. Probably a good thing I don’t play really 😂 X

Sophie

1. Opening your own restaurant would be amazing! I’ve been to Wimbledon! You’d definitely need to have won the lottery if you wanted to buy anything there… SO expensive!

5. I’d invest in a business, so my money came back, fund some hospitals too. Some schools and libraries for my local area. And of course help out family, and buy a small home. And definitely travel and see the world

1. Sounds like amazing ideas!

6. Because we are blessed with everything we need, I’d start a place where kids could come after school to learn to cook and take what they make home. https://littleblackdomicile.com

1. Sounds like a nice idea x

7. Oh gosh, so many things I’d love to do! First thing I’d do is to buy a really nice bungalow so I’m not stuck away from everyone upstairs and can be with my family more. 🙂 I’d also love to make life easier for my mum too and my children. I’d also buy a car that is wheelchair friendly so I can actually get to hospital appointments without having to rely on friends to take me. 🙂

Sarah 🌺 || Boxnip || Latest Post

1. Sounds like very sensible things!

8. I’ve got so many plans for if I win the lottery, here’s to hoping!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

1. Fingers crossed for all of us haha!

9. Definitely with you on the buying a holiday home abroad thing! I’d make it my full time home though, and I’d also pack everything in and travel all over the world for a year.

1. I think I’d still like to live here because then it’d be more of a holiday and more special when I actually visited the holiday home!

10. This certainly is a fun post and makes me dream about what I would do if I won the lottery! I think giving to charity and sorting out the family are very important. Health is so important. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not healthy then what is the point. So I would get everyone a full check up and if they need anything get them sorted out. And animals of course cannot really fend for themselves and need our help as we are destroying their habitat, food chain etc. So supporting an animal charity is a great idea! By the way, I have nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award as I really enjoy your posts and all the variety. If you want to accept here us the link: theworldofcruiseandtravel.wordpress.com/2019/07/31/mystery-blogger-award-my-first-ever-nomination/

1. All really great points. Having the money to do so would seriously help. And thanks so much for the nomination! x

11. I would definitely give money to charity, book a holiday as I haven’t been abroad for years and buy my own house! xx

Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk

1. Sounds perfect!

12. Boss Babe Chronicles says:

I love this! Omg what wouldn’t I do?!
    I’d buy a house in the south of France, donate to a few charities, buy another property somewhere and rent it out and go on a 2 month long tour of the United States!

13. I would travel the world and go back to university to do a PhD.

14. oooh I have quite a list if I won the lottery. I’d definitely give some money to my parents and brother & sisters, I’d buy my own house for sure, and probably get a car for me and my boyfriend to share. I’m not really too sure what else I’d spend it on, I’ve always wanted to start my own business so that would definitely help!

Chloe xx

15. sarah says:

I would buy a bigger house and go on holiday to america xx

1. Sounds like a good idea x

16. Love the things you’d do with your winnings.
    I’d also donate a lot to animal charity’s as I feel they never have enough and I love animals.

1. Agreed, they could definitely do with more!

17. I would definitely book myself a nice holiday to Disneyland as well!! That’s a wonderful post

1. Yay! Great choice!

18. This post is SO fun!! I loved reading what you’d do! I would definitely but a property abroad, too! Travel is an ultimate reboot for me (and my hubby). And I love the “helping my families needs” pick, too! So many amazing things I can think of that I would do! It’s cool to think about.
    Xx, Morgs*

1. It sure is… we can dream!

19. Oh man, I know there are so many opportunities that open when you win the lottery! I would totally do a lot of the things you’ve listed, like give to charity. I mean, there are so much money – if you know how to budget right, everyone can win. I know for sure I want to donate and live a little, hehe!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

1. Absolutely! If you have the means to give to others I don’t see why you wouldn’t!

20. Cynthia | Raven Tree Tarot says:

I would travel! Definitely buy a house abroad somewhere,like South America or New Zealand. This was such a fun post to read!

1. Sounds like a great choice!

21. Love your goals for what you would do if you won the lottery! My ideals would look akin to yours but I do not know that I would buy a house but I would do a heck of a lot of traveling! There are so many places I want to visit.

1. I’d do the same too!

22. Charlie says:

Aww I love your answer to this question – so thoughtful and reasonable! Honestly I would do much of the same. I would pay off my parents house, give money to family and friends, buy a house, and invest the rest so I could live off it.

1. Investing it sounds like a great idea – very smart!