Other

Date Ideas For Couples During Lockdown

AD – This is a paid advertorial but all thoughts are my own

I think it’s safe to say, it’s a tough time for some relationships. Perhaps you’re separated from your boyfriend or girlfriend due to the lock-down or maybe you’re self isolating due to one of you being in a high risk group for catching COVID-19. Or maybe it’s the opposite problem and you’ve actually been forced into spending MORE TIME with each other because you’re both in lockdown together. Whatever the situation, I feel you. Times are hard.

Photo by Soroush Karimi on Unsplash

As for me, I work from home as it is. My boyfriend however, doesn’t. He would usually work very long hours and sometimes very long weeks and on an average day, I’d spend around 3 hours with him in the evening when he got home from work, before one of us were too tired and had to go to bed.

Now, we’re together 24/7 for the foreseeable future. And although I’m really grateful for the fact that we’re both together, we’re both safe and neither of us have to go out to work and put ourselves at further risk, I’m not naive enough to think that there won’t be challenges at some point.

Dating locally and being with someone from your local area during a time like this can be really helpful for a lot of people. I wrote about how I couldn’t do long distance a little while ago and it’s in a situation like this that solidifies that for me completely.

Even if you CAN’T see each other during this lockdown period, there are plenty of ways you can keep in contact and/or see each other which could definitely make it a little easier on the both of you. Phone and Skype calls or dropping off care packages outside each others doors.

You also know that you won’t have to go far to see them once this is all over!

If you’re looking for love and like me, don’t think that long distance is an option for you, then specific location based dating sites, such as Love Kent Singles, if you’re looking for a Kent dating site, might be a more viable option! Or whichever location you’re based for example, Love Berkshire Singles if you’re looking for Berkshire dating sites might be a better option!

However, if you’re in a situation similar to me and find yourself spending every waking minute with your significant other, here are some at home date ideas you can use to keep occupied with each other during this lockdown period:

Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

Movie night

I’m sure a lot of us are getting through a fair few movies at the moment! I know I am. I’m slowly making my way through my Netflix list. Having a movie night is a great way to stay entertained and occupied during this time and also spending some chilled out time together.

Cooking in the kitchen

Now would be a GREAT time to experiment with all those weird and wonderful ingredients you’ve had stocked up in your freezer or cupboard that you never use. Obviously we want to be going out as little as possible… but we still gotta eat! So having a “free for all” session in the kitchen could be fun – with some strange results!

Have a games night

Time to dust off all those old board games. I think a games night is a great option for spending time together because it also allows you to get off your phone, away from screens and not watching the news. Which I’m sure a lot of us have being doing far too much of.

Invent a book club

Bit of a different one but if both of you are into reading, perhaps invent your own little book club for 2. Read the same book and then plan a couple of hours to discuss the book with each other, over tea and cake. My boyfriend doesn’t read (I know!) so sadly I can’t do this one.

Do Yoga together

We still need to get in some exercise, despise being in lockdown and Yoga is one of my favourites. Although it’s a wonderful thing to do alone, it can also be great fun to do with other people. So a couples Yoga class could make a great lockdown date idea!

Create an obstacle course

If you’re both able to go out into the garden then this could be a really fun idea. Although obviously PLEASE be extra careful as we don’t want any injuries! This is a great option for couples who might be a little more active and are missing the freedom to do outdoor activities.

Teach each other something

Does one of you play an instrument that you have at home? Or perhaps one of you is amazing at baking? Now could be a great time to learn a new skill but also do it in a way where you can spend some quality time together too! Schedule in a couple of hours of learning time and see how it goes!

Are you in my position? How are you finding spending all your time with your partner at the moment? Are you taking the time to have at home dates?

Advertisements

1. So, my bf moved into my place in September and we got engaged in December. We had some adjusting to do getting used to living together, but we have settled in and both of us are glad to be isolated together. He works from home, and now that I am too, it’s not too frustrating because we are both good at focusing on what we need to do and also have interests outside of each other. We haven’t even fought during this isolation! We’ve been watching lots of movies together, sometimes play games together and go on walks. It’s been pretty good luckily.

1. That’s great! Similar to my boyfriend and I. We have a lot of individual interests so we’re not with each other much actually!

2. Awww these ideas are so cute! I live with my boyfriend so we’re in lockdown together. We’ve been spending a few hours in different rooms as we’re both working from home … But it’s lovely to catch up in the evenings and watch a movie together 😊 xx

Holly | http://www.gollymissholly.uk

1. Yeah my boyfriend and I spend most of the day in different rooms actually but I’m not mad about it cos I think I’d go spare otherwise!

3. […] month I wrote a blog post about at home date ideas for couple who are stuck in lockdown together but of course that’s not the reality for everyone during this weird, stressful and scary […]

4. Erin says:

I’m single as a pringle as always!

5. Angie M. says:

Love the book club idea! My bookworm self approves hahah (: thanks for sharing, all great tips! https://angiewaves.com/

1. Haha same! Wish my boyfriend enjoyed reading!

6. These are some great idea’s. Me and my boyfriend live together and we are planning on doing a 1000 piece disney puzzle together tonight x

1. Oh wow, good luck! Puzzles drive me absolutely INSANE!

7. We’ve been doing movie nights and it works wonders!

Love, Amie ❤

The Curvaceous Vegan

1. So have we! We’re currently working through Harry Potter!

8. These are great suggestions, and you could do most of these over skype/ facetime/ whatever if you are apart. Cooking the same meal or choosing to watch the same movie helps bridge the gap! There’s so much you can do inside if you get a little creative with your plans x

Sophie

1. Yeah you absolutely could! x

9. nortoncharity says:

Awe I love all these ideas so much! My hubby and I love to cook together so we have definitely been doing a lot more of that right now too.

1. Awh that’s a lovely thing to do together x

10. So many nice ideas if you’re in a couple right now x

11. Great date ideas! My fiance and I are now together almost every day. He normally works from home whereas I go out to work, I work in a school so I’m currently on a rota where I have to do one week in work and two working from home but I’ll definitely be using some of these ideas to end the weeks where I have to go into work as I think it will be a nice treat!

Lauren | http://www.laurenyloves.co.uk

1. Ah hope you get to have some night date nights together! Even if they are in the living room!

12. Love these ideas! We’re having a lot of move nights at the moment which has been a nice distraction from everything xx

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

1. Yeah that’s really nice. We started the Harry Potter movies again – great distraction!

13. Love these! Really love the idea of a book club but my partner doesn’t read either (madness), so perhaps we could do a games club instead!

1. Literal madness!

14. ofbeautyand says:

A movie night is a great idea x

15. Great ideas! Nick and I made brownies yesterday as something to do! xx

1. Awh cute xx

16. Boss Babe Chronicles says:

Great ideas! I love the book club and doing yoga together!

bossbabechroniclesblog.com

1. Thank you xx

17. Great ideas, I especially love the obstacle course idea and the book club idea, thanks for sharing!

1. You’re welcome!

18. Alice Anne says:

I did think about this but we’re kinda just chilling in the evenings. I think by the time Joshua is asleep we’re too tired to do anything else haha xx

19. I’ve been living with my husband for the past few years, ever since moving across the country. We drive each other crazy sometimes. I think all of us need our personal space and this quarantine situation makes that a challenge. We both go for walks with each other and on our own to get fresh air and space to think. I don’t have a backyard but there are plenty of places to walk to!

1. Sounds like you’ve got it down x

20. Daisy says:

Aww, this is so sweet! If I had a boyfriend, I would totally do this with him especially the obstacle course! Though you just reminded me how alone I am! *sniff* xD

Daisy xoxo | TheDeeWhoLived

1. Awh sorry Dais! My boyfriend would NOT do the obstacle course. He has an allergic reaction to exercise!

21. katy gilroy says:

me and my boyf are apart for the foreseeable future it’s dead weird!! x

1. Awh girl I’m sorry x

22. This post is so sweet!! We had a cute date night in the living room this weekend, it was actually really nice!

1. Awh that’s sweet!

23. Great post 😁

24. Love these ideas. We’re definitely doing a lot more cooking and movie nights. Working through a list on Disney plus.

1. I need to get Disney plus!

25. Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I are spending this time of isolation separated. But I love that we can still do some of your listed activities (like watching a movie, the book club one or even doing yoga :)). Thanks for the post!

1. Ah I’m sorry to hear that x