ad collaborative post // A unique wedding hashtag is a fantastic addition to your big day. In a world obsessed with social media, it’s safe to say your guests are going to be snapping pictures throughout your celebrations. Having a wedding hashtag already setup means you can keep track of those meaningful moments, so you can easily create the perfect album.
You can even establish your hashtag straight after your engagement, so you can record the journey of prepping for your wedding, choosing venues, and other meaningful moments along the way. Your hashtag will get more of your friends and family involved capturing memories, so you don’t have to rely solely on yourself and your photographer.
Unfortunately, unless you have a ton of experience with social media, you might find actually coming up with the perfect hashtag to be a bit of a challenge. That’s why we created these simple tips to guide you through the process.
Tips For Creating Your Unique Wedding Hashtag
There are a few different options you can explore when it comes to creating the ultimate wedding hashtag. Some revolve around leveraging the creativity of yourself and your friends. Others allow you to take advantage of some of the tools and resources available online.
Let’s take a look at each of your options:
1. Create Your Own Wedding Hashtag
Creating your own wedding hashtag is probably the easiest way to make sure the tag is unique and specific to you. After all, no one knows your relationship quite like you and your partner. The best way to get started here is to give yourself plenty of time. Don’t wait until the last minute to start brainstorming, or you may end up with a generic #MrAndMrs.
Grab a piece of paper and a pen, or use your computer if you prefer, and start writing down as many words you can think of connected to you and your relationship. This will include your own names, your soon-to-be surname, and words linked to your romance. You can expand your selection of ideas by using some of the following tips:
- Get crowdsourcing: Reach out to friends and family members and ask for their ideas on what the perfect hashtag might be. You don’t have to use anything your friends give you, but you’ll likely find a few additional ideas you hadn’t thought of here.
- Use a rhyming dictionary: Rhymes are much easier to remember, and excellent for hashtags. Once you have your list of words, grab a rhyming dictionary to see what works. For instance, you might choose something like “The Jedin Weddin’” if your last name was “Jedin.”
- Try being punny: Puns are also a great way to make the most of your wedding hashtag, and ensure it sticks in the minds of your guests. For instance, you might choose something like “LoveAtFirstBright” for the second name “Bright.”
- Keep it short and simple: Try to avoid getting too carried away with complex phrases and words. The shorter and easier to remember your hashtag is, the more likely people will actually use it. Try to stick to a few words at most.
- Make sure it’s unique: Check on Instagram and other social media channels to ensure too many people aren’t already using the same tag. This will make it harder for you to find the pictures from your wedding when you’re creating an album.
2. Turn To The Professionals
If you spend a little time searching for unique wedding hashtags on Instagram, you’ll notice many of the best ideas have already been taken. Learning to create wedding hashtags from scratch can take a lot of time and effort, that’s why so many people end up turning to professionals for help.
Working with a wedding hashtag company gives you the chance to outsource the creative part of coming up with the perfect tag to someone with years of experience. All you need to do is give the company some basic information about you and your partner, such as your theme, your last name, and some of the ideas you might like to include in your tag.
While you’re working on planning your wedding, your hashtag company can take over the hard work of coming up with a multitude of different ideas for you to choose from. They’ll do the due diligence to ensure your hashtag is unique, and give you a range of different ideas to work with, so you can pick the one that works best for you and your partner.
Professionals can also help you out if you’re running low on time to come up with a hashtag, as some of the best services can deliver ideas within as little as one business day. This is great for making sure you have everything you need for your wedding invitations, signage, and even your table numbers.
3. Use A Free Wedding Hashtag Generator
This is generally a last-ditch option for those in search of a unique wedding hashtag. If you don’t think you have the time or budget to work with a hashtag professional, and you can’t come up with something yourself, you can try an online automated service.
Hashtag generators take multiple words you input, like your names, the date of your wedding, and some other common words, to come up with a range of ideas for you on the spot. It’s a good way to get some initial brainstorming ideas, but since there’s no creative skill behind the options you get, there’s a good chance you’re going to end up with something quite generic.
Wedding hashtag generators don’t test to see whether your tag has already been used by another couple before suggesting them to you. This means you could end up with something pre-loved. Remember, the algorithm used by an automatic system can only go so far.
We’d recommend avoiding this option for anything more than inspiration if you really want to ensure your wedding hashtag is specific to you.
Choose Your Unique Wedding Hashtag
Finding a unique wedding hashtag is an excellent way to add something extra to your big day. You can use it to ensure you can keep track of all the videos and pictures people take from your celebration, and it’s a great way to track the wedding planning experience. Good luck finding a truly special hashtag for your wedding.