collaborative post | Are you expecting guests but feeling a bit overwhelmed about getting your spare room ready in time? In this blog post, we’ll share some quick and easy tips that will have your spare room guest-ready in no time.
Whether it’s a last-minute visit from family or friends or unexpected visitors dropping by, these practical ideas will help you create a welcoming space that will impress even the most discerning guests.
So, let’s dive in and get your spare room transformed into a cozy retreat that everyone will love!
Initial Preparations for the Spare Room
First, give the room a good cleaning. This includes dusting, vacuuming, and mopping the floors. You’ll also want to declutter the space and clear out any personal items that might make your guests feel uncomfortable.
Next, you’ll need to choose appropriate bedding and towels for your guests. If you have an air mattress or futon, be sure to inflate it ahead of time so your guests don’t have to deal with that hassle. You should also provide extra pillows and blankets in case your guests get cold during the night. These guest bedroom bedding ideas can help you with some great suggestions.
Take some time to think about the little details that will make your guests’ stay more enjoyable. This could include putting fresh flowers in the room or providing magazines and books for them to read.
Cleaning and Organization Tips
When you have visitors coming to stay, the last thing you want is a cluttered and messy spare room. But with a little bit of planning and some quick and easy tips, you can get your spare room guest-ready in no time!
Here are some tips for cleaning and organizing your spare room so that it’s ready for guests:
- Start by decluttering the room. Remove any items that are not essential to the space.
- Give the room a good deep clean. Vacuum the floors, dust all surfaces, and clean the windows.
- Organize any remaining items in the room so that they are neat and tidy. This will help create a calm and relaxing atmosphere for your guests.
- Add some final touches to make the space feel more welcoming, such as fresh flowers or a scented candle.
By following these simple tips, you can quickly get your spare room guest-ready so that you can enjoy hosting your visitors!
Decor Tips to Make Your Guests Feel Welcome
Here are a few decor tips to make your guests feel welcome:
1. Start with the basics: Make sure the bed is made with fresh linens and there are plenty of pillows. If you have extra blankets, place them on the bed or in a nearby chair so they’re easy to grab if needed.
2. Add some personal touches: A vase of fresh flowers or a bowl of fruit on the nightstand will make your guests feel cared for. You could also put out a few magazines or books that they might enjoy reading during their stay.
3. Create an inviting atmosphere: Soft lighting and soothing music will help your guests relax after a long day of travel. You could also burn scented candles or diffuser oils to give the room a pleasant smell.
Shopping List for Guest Supplies
When you have guests coming to stay, the last thing you want is to be scrambling around trying to find things they might need. By taking a little time beforehand to stock up on some key items, you can make sure your guests have everything they need for a comfortable stay. Here are some things to add to your shopping list for guest supplies:
- Toiletries: Soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc
- Towels: Bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths
- Linens: Sheets and blankets for the bed
- Pillows: Extra pillows in case your guests need them
- Snacks and drinks: bottled water, coffee, tea, snacks like nuts or fruit
- Entertainment: Books, magazines, TV remote, games
Final Touches to Make Your Guests Feel Comfortable
Once you have the basics down for preparing your spare room, there are a few final touches you can add to make your guests feel comfortable. Here are a few ideas:
- Leave out a few snacks and drinks for your guests to enjoy during their stay.
- Put together a welcome basket with some basic toiletries in case your guests forget anything.
- Add some personal touches to the room, like photos or artwork, to make it feel like home.
A well-prepared spare room can make all the difference when you have a surprise guest. Following these quick and easy tips will ensure that your spare room is ready for visitors in no time. From tidying up to adding extra touches like fresh sheets, towels, and snacks, guests will be sure to feel comfortable and welcomed.
With just a few simple steps you can create an inviting guest bedroom that allows both you and your visitors to enjoy their stay