ad // Have you ever wondered if there was a way to take care of your teeth that doesn’t involve compromising on your green ambitions? Well, wonder no more! Following the launch of DenTek’s eco range, including Earth Friendly Sustainable Birch Wood interdental brushes, it’s possible to make choices that are both good for your oral hygiene and for the planet.
Have you ever wondered if there was a way to take care of your teeth that doesn’t involve compromising on your green ambitions? Well, wonder no more! Following the launch of DenTek’s eco range, including Earth Friendly Sustainable Birch Wood interdental brushes, it’s possible to make choices that are both good for your oral hygiene and for the planet.
According to Mihir Shah, principal dentist at a clinic in Battersea, 77% of tooth decay starts between the teeth. He explains that many of us are neglecting the tooth surfaces that are more susceptible and those who don’t floss are at a much higher risk of tooth decay or even irreversible gum disease. How can we tackle these hidden problem areas and ‘mind the gap’? The solution lies with a regular flossing routine.
The pandemic and lack of access to a dentist has seen bad habits creep in. For too many of us, taking care of our teeth means brushing once (hopefully not!) or twice a day – only 31% of us floss on a regular basis. Yet brushing your teeth with a toothbrush alone cleans just 60% of the tooth. To hit the other 40% that the toothbrush can’t reach, oral hygiene tools products such as floss picks and interdental brushes are a must.
Previously, however, there has been a problem: limited eco-friendly options when it comes to selecting a product for reaching those problem areas. That’s why DenTek are on a mission, starting now, to source the most sustainable materials possible to create their oral hygiene products and transform their entire offering to free from single-use plastic.
Their newly launched interdental brushes have been made using Birch Wood, which creates less waste and uses less energy in the manufacturing process, even than rival eco materials such as bamboo. The wood itself absorbs less water, which means the wire brush won’t split from the handle when used in the bathroom environment.
DenTek also plant more trees than they use and because birch is a climate positive material, the trees work to reduce additional carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
Mihir says, “I’m pleased to see brands like DenTek taking the necessary steps to transform their offering to become more responsibly sourced and more environmentally friendly. Hopefully, this will encourage even more people to take up flossing and therefore, better protect their teeth and create more natural smiles whilst still protecting our planet!”
As Jennifer Hudson, Senior Brand Manager from DenTek explains, a proper brushing and flossing routine is essential for good oral health, preventing everything from tooth loss to mouth cancer.
Jennifer says: “The health of your teeth can play an extremely important role in your overall wellbeing, and a healthy smile is often one of the first things people will notice about you so it really pays to invest in the health of your teeth with a proper oral care routine.
That means brushing twice a day for roughly two minutes and flossing at least once a day, as well as cleaning your tongue, which is a part many of us forget but can make a massive difference to our oral health. In fact, 90% of bad breath comes from poor tongue hygiene. Currently, there is a backlog of 17 million NHS dentist appointments – so there’s never been a better time to start flossing!”
[…] can be a huge issue regardless of how many teeth you have, and it’ll help you prevent certain teeth-related issues in the future. For example, if you’re missing a tooth and it’s starting to cause other teeth to […]
Great post! I floss everyday because of the fact that I hate going to the dentist and will try to limit my visits haha. Love that this company is eco-friendly! Thanks for sharing x
Lynn | https://www.lynnmumbingmejia.com
Beautiful options! Yes, I have had all kinds of dental issues and only use natural products from now on! ❤️🦋🌀〰️