I’ve had this post in the notes on my phone for a while now, adding things to it as soon as I experience something new that makes me happy that I’d like to add in the post. I keep all my blog post ideas in the notes on my phone, so it’s an easy way to just delete them once they’ve been written. I also categorize them into months but that’s for another post altogether (categorizing… that’s one thing that clearly makes me happy!) Then I saw in March, one of my favourite bloggers Hello Bexa actually did a post more or less the same. Great minds think alike, I say. She’s cool with me doing a similar type of post so here we are, my usually miserable self about to share 50 little things that make me happy!
Hello! I’m back with another Disney related post for you today! I’m soooo enjoying writing about Disney again, it’s totally ignited my love for it again and I’ve had Disney songs on repeat over the last few months. Of course, I have plenty of Disney soundtracks on my iTunes so this is the perfect time to talk about my favourite Disney songs. Of course I won’t be able to mention every single one and I’m by no means putting these in order (that’s just cruel and impossible!) but here are some of my favourite ever Disney songs!
When I was approached by Songfinch to enquire about a collaboration, I was intrigued to say the least. What so, you write a song… About someone I know? With like, original lyrics? I mean, I didn’t totally get it at first but after doing some research and chatting to their ever so lovely and helpful content, social media, email man Zach, I understood the concept more and my thoughts instantly changed from, “huh?” to, “Wow, okay this is seriously cool”. So, with the lead up to Mothers Day, I began working with them on a Mothers Day song for my mum. This is what happened…
We can definitely all get a bit down in the dumps sometimes or a bit sad without even really knowing why and it can be hard to pull ourselves out of it. I know I’ve done it; taken the tiniest little thing and made it seem like the end of the world and been down for days on end about it. It sucks but that’s life, it’s not perfect and neither are we. However, there is always something you can do to pick yourself up when you’re feeling low.
What it’s about: Life changes in an instant for young Mia Hall after a car accident puts her in a coma. During an out-of-body experience, she must decide whether to wake up and live a life far different than she had imagined. The choice is hers if she can go on.
Genre: Drama, Romance
Director: R.J Cutler
Starring: Chloë Grace Moretz, Mireille Enos, Jamie Blackley, Joshua Leonard Continue reading
I pinched this idea from Clare at ABookandTea but I’ve noticed quite a few bloggers have done it. It’s a great idea because it occurred to me the other week how little we really know about our online friends! Writing facts about myself proved very difficult but I got there in the end so enjoy!
1. I’m really scared of toads because when I was younger I was walking down an alley in a thunderstorm and I couldn’t see properly so I stood on what I thought was a massive rock but it turned out to be a toad and it jumped at me. I ran out of a pet shop crying once because there was one in a tank next to me. I wasn’t as young as you might think…
2. I’m a huge Disney fan! I’ve been to Disneyland Paris 3 times and as well and truly gay as this may sound, I’ve never been happier than when I’m at Disneyland. I first went when I was 5 so it reminds me of my childhood. I also have a tattoo on my hip that says ‘Second star to the right and straight on till morning’ from Peter Pan as it’s my favourite Disney movie.
3. I’ve suffered from GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) for about a year and a half and it makes it difficult for me to do everyday things that most of you don’t think twice about. I used to be very private about it but since blogging, I’ve met and spoke to so many people who suffer from similar things – it’s amazing, so instead of being ashamed of it, I’ve learnt to open up and be honest about it. But no fear, I’m still alive and I’m getting help and I’m determined to kick anxieties arse.
4. I’m a bit of a neat freak, I love tidying up and one thing that really irritates me is a messy fridge. So if anyone would like to hire me to organize their fridge in return for chocolate and bacon sandwiches, let me know!
5. Speaking of chocolate and bacon sandwiches, I love my food. My favourite being Dominos Pizza, Hawaiian with extra peppers, potato wedges, chicken wings and lots of dips. If anyone’s offering…
6. I’m a bit of a TV series fanatic. I’d rather watch a TV show than a movie because I love how much you learn about the characters and I don’t know about you, but I get so attached to shows and certain characters, it makes me so sad when they finish! Some of my favourites include LOST, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, F.r.i.e.n.d.s, Glee, One Tree Hill, The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, Sex and the City and Breaking Bad, which I’m watching at the moment. As you can see, there’s a bit of a mix, I don’t tend to stick to one genre!
7. I’m 21 years old and I still sleep with the teddy bear I was given when I was born. His name is Brown Teddy. As you can see I was a very imaginative child. Judge me, bitch.
8. I used to be like a massive grunger… From the ages of 13 till about 16 me and my friends used to hang around in a car park with about 70 other grungers. That sounds ridiculous but despite getting beaten up by chavs every other week, they were the best days of my life. I have no idea where most of them are now or what they’re doing but I hope they’re happy and thank you for making my teenage years the best ever. (Yes, I was a member of Vampire Freaks briefly at one point…)
9. It took me about 100 years to finally get Twitter. Then another 100 years to learn how to use it. I don’t really like technology, it always breaks and sometimes I think I’d have better luck with carrier pigeons.
10. My favourite time of year is November and firework night. For me, it marks the beginning of winter and dressing up warm and my boyfriend always has a firework party at his house every year which is a lot of fun!
11. I love animals (except toads, obviously) and animal abuse is that one thing that really grinds my gears. I will never understand how some heartless people can abuse, abandon and neglect innocent animals that don’t do anything wrong nor understand what is going on. Dogs in particular and being a dog owner myself it really hits home because I would never in a million years do anything to hurt my dog. They’re so loyal and loving and remember guys, they’re not something you can just dispose of when you get bored!
12. Although I don’t really listen to them anymore, my favourite band has always been Green Day. I saw live with a friend when I was 13 and it was the first big concert I ever went too. Green Day kind of opened up the world of rock music to me and although nowadays I listen to the same shit as everyone else like Nicki Minaj and Example, they will always have a special place on my iPod.
13. My favourite dwarf has to be Sneezy for the pure fact that he is exactly like me! I suffer from horrendous hay fever, for the majority of the year unfortunately so I am always sneezing. I sometimes have hour long sneezing fits and feel so drained afterwards I have to lay down!
14. As you can probably tell, I love anything pink, girly, floral, glittery or with cupcakes on but believe it or not I’m not actually a girlie person. I don’t know much about make-up or beauty products and I’m not a huge fan of chick flicks. I’d much rather be playing Call of Duty and killing some zombies!
15. I supposed I’d better add something book related in here so my favourite genres are Crime, Thriller and Fiction but since blogging I’ve come to love Young Adult and Chick-lit books too! A few of my favourite books include The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Beach by Alex Garland. My favourite authors include Cecelia Ahern, Dorothy Koomson, Diane Chamberlain and my all time favourite, James Patterson. His Women’s Murder Club Series are my favourite.
16. I have a really bad habit of picking my nails. Not biting, just picking. I’ve done it ever since I can remember and I can pick them so short now it doesn’t even hurt because my nails are used to it. It’s disgusting and it annoys everyone but it’s like an addiction – I can’t stop!
17. My ultimate celebrity crush at the moment has to be Aaron Paul (who plays Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad). However, Tom Hardyand Bradley Cooper also quite tickle my fancy. I’m definitely not a lesbian but I also have a bit of a girl crush on Emma Watson, Kaley Cuoco and Isla Fisher.
18. I’ve never really had a dream job and I never wanted to go to university to study anything in particular. My first job was in Primark which I hated but was good for messing around with my friends. I’m not very good with the public and I started a teaching assistant course but then realised I hated kids. I’m hoping to start doing some charity work soon at a local animal sanctuary that looks after ill and neglected animals and I’d love to hopefully one day turn my blog and passion for books into a paying career as a reviewer.
19. I love making lists. I will make a list at every chance I get whether it be a birthday wish list, Christmas presents for friends, what to buy or a general everyday ‘To-do’ list. I’m really organized so it helps if everything’s written down in front of me.
20. I love going to the beach and looking out at the sea. It doesn’t have to be an exotic beach, just one where I can stare at the ocean for a while – I feel it gives me a sense of calm and the enormity of it makes my problems seem smaller.