A few weeks ago, I posted my first ever food post – a recipe for a delicious curry we made at home from scratch (you can find that post here). It was a really enjoyable post to make and write (and eat!) and I got a lot of lovely feedback on it so I’ve decided to do another recipe post for the next meal we made – a gorgeous prawn and tomato Tagliatelle pasta which was so easy to do!
What you’ll need:
400g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
140g tomato purée
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
500g cooked prawns
6 fresh basil leaves
400g dried tagliatelle
What to do:
1. Preheat the slow cooker, if necessary, or according to the manufacturers instructions.
2. Chop the garlic clove and the parsley finely and put in the slow cooker along with the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes.
3. Add a dash of salt and pepper (optional) then cover and leave to cook on a low setting for 5-7 hours.
4. Add the prawns and the 6 torn basil leaves then re-cover and cook on a high setting for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender but still firm to bite.
6. Using a strainer, drain the pasta.
7. Mix the prawn sauce and serve with the pasta in your serving bowl, garnishing with basil leaves (optional) and enjoy!
I’m no Jamie Oliver so please excuse the poorly presented basil leaves on the top of the pasta! This is an incredibly easy meal to make – it requires very little effort but is so yummy and filling and is great served with a cheese and tomato flatbread we found in Tesco. I hope you enjoyed my 2nd food blog!