Affiliate links | If you know me or follow my blog you might be aware that I’m a huge advocate for self-care. Self-care is a term I’ve only really come to know (and love) since starting blogging. Before joining the big ol’ blogosphere, I obviously knew we had to take care of ourselves, take time for ourselves and focus on our physical and mental well-being – but I didn’t realize quite how important and crucial it was. Especially the mental side of the coin. So today I want to share 10 easy ways how to make yourself feel good both physically and mentally every day!
My relationship with self-care comes in waves and it’s certainly not as healthy as I wish it was. For example, I tend to be able to focus more on self care when I’m in a good place mentally. Which isn’t necessarily the time when you need to focus on self-care.
And when I’m in a dreadful place mentally? I sometimes just punish myself even more. Which I know I shouldn’t do. It’s something I’m working on and will continue to work on and it’s important to just notice where you’re not in alignment with your focuses and beliefs.
READ TO UPLEVEL YOUR BLOG? Check out these resources!
The littlest of things can also make the biggest impact, especially if they’re done repetitively and incorporated into a routine. Want to know how to make yourself feel good every day? Here are 10 little things you can do!
How to make yourself feel good every day in 10 easy steps:
1. Writing down something you’re grateful for every single day: and a perfect excuse to buy a cute new notebook. I’ve been doing this every day for almost a year now and whilst some days it’s hard, it makes you reflect on the good, rather than the bad.
2. Drink enough water: if you don’t like plain water, try an infused bottle crammed with fruit! That way, you’ll stay hydrated and get nutrients and your water will taste sweet and fruity. But whatever you need to do, do it. Because staying hydrated is so important.
3. Stretch: nothing fancy, just super basic stretches of your arms, legs, fingers and neck. Noticing any tightness or pain that might need to be looked at later on in the day.
4. Yoga: I always do Yoga most days of the week and I 100% feel like it’s changed my life both mentally and physically since I started. Yoga has SO MANY incredible benefits, even if you just do 10 minutes a day, you’re going to get that positive boost.
5. Take care of your skin: just making sure all your make-up is off and your skin is clean and taking that time to focus on you. I love my skincare routine and I feel like it’s a great part of your daily self care routine.
6. Eat breakfast: I never miss breakfast, again, I find this is ‘me’ time. I tend to pop a YouTuber I like on to watch whilst I’m eating or an episode of my current favourite series and just chill out in the peace and quiet with some food.
7. Put down your phone down: this is something I’ve really been trying to incorporate more recently and that’s switching off from social media for a few hours every day. Twitter will be there when you get back. I’ve also adopted a one day a week social media detox rule, which I’ve found hugely beneficial!
8. Read: as an avid bookworm and book lover, I’ve always done this and I believe I’m better off for it. But I 100% read every single day. If you don’t like reading novels, find something you do like and just dedicate 10 minutes to reading every single day.
Related read: Best Books of 2020 So Far: 6 Book Recommendations
9. Tidy up: a clear space means a clear head. One of the first things I do every morning is tidy my room (because I work from home). But if you work in an office, tidying your desk could have the same effect. Take pride of your space!
Related read: A Simple Guide To De-Cluttering
10. Do something you enjoy: I usually opt for watching a documentary or binging on my current series I’m watching, playing my favorite video games or watching a film. Please, take time to do something you like even if it feels unproductive. Hustle culture and the need for being CONSTANTLY productive is extremely detrimental to our physical and mental well-being!
Have these 10 ways of how to make yourself feel good opened your eyes to what you should be doing to improve your physical and mental well-being every day?
Want to start your own blog? Check out my Beginners Guide To Blogging which is PERFECT for beginners!
Ready to start making $$$ with affiliate marketing? You NEED this guide!
Need some help with Pinterest? The Ultimate Pinterest Marketing Guide is what you need!
Need some Pinterest templates? Check out this 40 pretty templates bundle!