I’m all for celebrating milestones. In blogging, in business, in life, damn it if you’ve done something you’re proud of, reached a goal or milestone then you should sure as hell celebrate that – however big or small. I’ve done that since I started blogging and 4 years down the line, I don’t plan on stopping. So… today I would like to celebrate hitting 2,500 unique blog followers. Eeeeek! That may seem like a miniscule number to some, a huge number to others; we’re all on different paths and different points in our blogging “careers” but I definitely believe that we should celebrate our own and other people’s achievements. And for me, hitting 2.5k blog followers is an achievement. Especially after so mny blogging breaks and periods of not knowing whether I even wanted to continue blogging.
I’ve gone through so many bloody ups and downs with this blog; having started as a book blog, I thought that’s where my niché lied. Even thought right at the beginning I had no idea how you even got followers! I thought it was a complete lost cause and I was just wasting my time but nevertheless, the persisted and I kept going and eventually the followers came. But suddenly, I wasn’t happy just book blogging any more so I introduced other types of posts into my blog although predominately, I was still a book blogger.
I think it was around this point that I went on a pretty hefty 6 month blogging break. I can’t even remember why now.. There must have been something going on in my personal life that stopped me blogging. But I came back and all of a sudden, I wasn’t blogging about books anymore. I remember there was a huge period where I only reviewed on Goodreads and my blog was purely “lifestyle”. Although I say lifestyle, it wasn’t really like other lifestyle blogs. It was full of random crap.
And although now I’m book blogging a little bit again – my blog still doesn’t have a niché. It is still full of random crap. But I’ve kinda learnt to love it. I like having the freedom to literally talk about whatever I want without having to worry about fitting in with my theme or what others expect of me. Book bloggers, you can still find book reviews on here. Mental health bloggers, you have plenty of mental health posts to chose from. Even foodies will find the odd recipe here and there. I feel like I’m finally at a point where I’m comfortable with my blog and what I post. And that’s cool.
And new bloggers, you don’t need a niche or a theme to have a good blog.
So just to round up, thank you to all the 2.5 thousand people who follow me, have continued to follow me and who read my poss. I am eternally grateful and have gained so many opportunities from my little Neverland on the internet. Now, let’s get onto some giveaways shall we?
eBook copies of The Broken Hearts Book Club & The Sunflower Cottage Breakfast Club by Lynsey James (International)
2. 1 eBook copy of The Collective by R.S Williams (International)
3. 1 signed paperback copy of The Singalong Society for Singletons by Katey Lovell (International)
4. Signed paperbacks of The Dead Dog Day and The Deadline by Jackie Kabler (International)
5. Set of 3 Poppy Dolan eBooks; The Bad Boyfriends Bootcamp, There’s More to Life Than Cupcakes and The Bluebell Bunting Society (International)
6. Paperback copy of My Sweet Revenge by Jane Fallon (UK only)
7. Paperback copy of Alice and the Fly by James Rice (UK only)
8. Paperback copy of The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern (UK only)
9. Paperback copy of Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan (UK only)
10. eBook copy of The Accidental Honeymoon by Portia MacIntosh (International)
Very best of luck in all the giveaways you’ve entered! Let me know in the comments below which one/s you’ve entered and as it’s a party, tell me a funny / embarrassing / nice story you have from a celebration or party you’ve been to!
* All giveaways will begin on 13th June (the day this post goes up) and will end on 13th July. All winners will be contacted via Twitter or email - depending on which contact information is provided. Winners will have 24 hours to claim their prize otherwise a different winner will be selected.