Anyone that knows me knows that I freaking hate summer. I hate it. I hate it I hate it I hate it with a roaring passion. The heat; nope. The bugs; nope. The hay fever; nope. All of it is just a big fat nope for me. My favourite time of the year is Autumn, especially that first day when summer is coming to an end and you step outside and the air feels fresher and crisper for the first time in months and you can feel Autumn on its way. Ugh, that feeling is just beautiful and brings with it all sorts of nice feelings for Autumn and a new season with new goals and new things to focus on.
I always like the start of a new season (apart from summer but all the other seasons are okay!) , I always find myself the most motivated, eager to work and blog and start projects. I think it’s the idea of something coming to an end e.g. the season before and a whole new something is waiting to start. It comes with new possibilities, new goals and things to look forward to and focus on. A new dynamic in the world as people are gearing up ready for it to get colder. Blogs start changing from summery and pastel colours to warm oranges and autumnal colours.
Same with the shops, as they change their clothes and start bringing in jumpers and fluffy socks and as window displays start putting up Halloween decorations or Christmas decorations. Even publishers start bringing out more Autumn and winter themed books to leave the sweet, summery covers full of beaches and palm trees behind for another year. I love, love, love that feeling of change in the world collectively as everyone (at least in the UK!) prepares for the change.
So, if you’re like me and you love that change to and want to start preparing for Autumn and the months ahead, I’ve provided a list of Autumn based blog post ideas for you to use for Autumn! It’s nice to be prepared sometimes and if, like me, you can’t stand summer, it’ll be a nice distraction from the stifling heat outside!
- Reflection on your summer
- Your goals for Autumn / the latter part of the year
- Halloween recipe
- Your favourite scary movies
- Autumn wish-list
- Pumpkin based recipe
- Why you love Autumn
- Perfect Autumn make-up look
- How to look after your skin / lips when the weather gets colder
- DIY: Halloween decorations
- Your favourite comfort foods
- How to: Perfect bonfire night hot chocolate
- Things you need for a great bonfire night party
- 5 things you want to achieve before the end of the year
- Favourite clothing items to wear in Autumn
- Autumn bucket list
- Your dream Halloween costume
- Christmas wish list
- Places you want to visit this Autumn
- Your ideal way to spend a chilly day
- Fluffy jumpers wish-list this Autumn
- Books I want to read this Autumn
- Your favourite bonfire night
- Your dream Halloween party
- Keeping your pets safe on Halloween & bonfire night