AD – This is a paid advertorial with Femme Luxe but all thoughts are my own
This unintentional confidence series has been an absolute joy to write over the last few months. When I did my first collaboration with Femme Luxe and decided to write about my own experience and journey will confidence, it went down so well and resonated with so many people that I had to continue it!
I’ve shared a lot of advice, tips and personal stories about confidence over the last 4 posts. And in case you missed any of my previous posts in this series, you can check them out here:
- 30 Positive Affirmations For Self Confidence
- 6 Confidence Tips From Someone That’s Learning
- My Current Journey With Body Confidence
- 7 Things To Remember When You’re Lacking Confidence
And before we continue to look at the pieces I picked from Femme Luxe for this post and the amazing advice from you lot, I just want to note that these collaborations have helped me with my confidence massively.
In that first post, I spoke about how I hated taking photos of myself. How I’m constantly comparing myself to others and nit-picking about things I don’t like about myself. But I’ve really been stepping out of my comfort zone with this and I didn’t realise how much trying new clothes and wearing things that feel good on your body can help!
So anyway, let’s look at the pieces I picked out from Femme Luxe this time. I’ve gone for a bit of a Summer pastels theme, which I absolutely LOVE because pastels are right up my street! I’d usually go for more loungewear type items but now that Summer is here and the world is opening back up, I decided to switch it up a bit!
The first piece I picked out was this super cute Cream Floral Strappy Ruched Bodycon Mini Dress. I thought this was the perfect piece for Summer. Think picnics and garden parties! Obviously it’s very short, as you can see. So this would definitely be a going out piece. But paired with a long blazer and some wedges – now that is a CUTE outfit!
The second piece I picked out was the Lilac Ruched Ribbon Strappy Crop Top and I ADORE this top. This paired with some jeans, with heels and a cute cardi would look absolutely gorgeous. This is a cute top and it’s so comfortable too. Yes, it’s a little revealing but I’m totally okay with showing some skin every now and again. Something that this confidence series that I’ve been able to write, with the help of Femme Luxe, has helped with!
Now, let’s get onto your advice! 10 pieces of advice from 10 amazing bloggers about confidence:
1. “My mum always tells me to “go where you’re celebrated, not tolerated.” This means surround yourself with people, and go to places where you’re appreciated. You’re not under any obligation to hold onto friendships or stay in places that make you feel less than your best.” Madeline Wilson-Ojo
2. “My favorite quote is, “Feel the fear and do it anyways.” I find this quote to be a way of life for me as I struggle with anxiety and panic attacks. It reminds me that I can do anything.” – The Peculiar Adventurer
3. “I’ve just got in from a motivational mapping training session and interestingly, something the trainer said to me really resonated. By finding what motivates you in all aspects of life your confidence will grow. You’ll feel secure in your future plan, the ‘why’ behind your decisions and the confidence will follow. This really hit me, and now I am establishing what motivates me I genuinely feel like I am more in control of my confidence.” – Our Favourite Jar
4. “For a quick boost of confidence when I am struggling, I like to think of past success/highs. I try to remind myself of moments when I was worried about a certain event/outcome or was going through a bad time, and yet I came through, and here I am, on the other side of that anxiety or low moment.” – Sage & Bloom
5. “Imagine you’re speaking to your best friend, to encourage them and give them a boost. Now apply that same mindset to yourself. Because you’d NEVER put your best friend down the way you do yourself – would you?” – Lisa’s Notebook
6. “Confidence is definitely something I have struggled massively with and still do. One of my biggest pitfalls has been fear of failure or comparing myself to very successful people who I admire. But then I remind myself that the big thing that sets the successful people apart is they didn’t give up.
This gives me the boost to just keep plugging away at it. I also find it helps to focus on two or three things I did really well this week – which may include something simple like completing my to do list. Small wins need to be celebrated!” – More Than A Mummy
7. “The one thing that I know helps you boost your confidence is reinventing yourself every year. For some, this might mean doing things that are out of their comfort zone, and for others, it might mean making their living space comfier. For me, boosting my confidence means going on hiking trips.
I started hiking this year and it has helped me conquer my anxiety, interact with nature and meet other girls who love hiking and travel. Whatever you do, I recommend trying something new every 6 months to a year and if you don’t like it, it makes for great stories.” – Sarah Nderi
8. “Self confidence and self love really come together. Social media and society itself has really impacted so many of our abilities to be confident in who we are. We constantly compare ourselves to who we see online instead of appreciating what’s in front of us when we look in the mirror. Nobody is born “perfect” and the moment we start realising that, I think we will all learn to love ourselves a little bit more.” – Olivia Luce Blake
9. “I love doing something fun outdoors with someone who makes me smile to help boost my confidence. My little girl had me on the jumping pillows at the farm park this weekend and I couldn’t stop laughing, it really helped me forget all my worries and feel so much better than I’ve done in a long time. I also find being outdoors helps clear my head and make me more confident to be able to approach problems, such as taking a stroll around the block.” – The 3am Diary
10. “Walk into a room like you belong there and people will think you do. Smile in a room and people will be happy you are there. Remember that others can put on a show as easily as you can. Everyone gets nervous and that’s okay.” – Life of Morag