Book bloggers… We’re a funny bunch aren’t we? Since I started book blogging, back in March 2013 I’ve experienced so many things I would have otherwise been oblivious to. Book blogging is a whole different world and I didn’t quite realise how much there was to it until I was in it.
From review copies to publishers to authors and other bloggers alike, there’s so much to learn and experience and if you asked me what ARC stands for or what a book tour was 4 years ago, I would have looked at you completely dumbfounded. So, I’ve compiled a list of thoughts I’ve had during my time as a book blogger so far.
1. Ooh, this will be fun! A new hobby!
2. Oh my God, this is such hard work
3. How do other book bloggers read so many damn books?!
4. I am so rubbish
5. Boo… No book post today
6. Yayyyyy book post! Postman, you are my favourite person in the entire world
7. Oh no, I feel really bad because I don’t like this ARC. I hope the publishers don’t hate me
8. Just be honest. Okay, what’s a kinder way of saying, ‘steaming pile of…’
9. If I ever write a book, I hope people don’t say mean things about it
10. Hey! I’m going to write a book!
11. Damn, I really want that review copy
12. Oh my God, literally everyone in the entire world has that review copy but me
13. It’s half past 12 at night and I’m still writing this review… Why aren’t I getting paid for this?
14. Are my reviews good enough?
15. Was that really Cecelia Ahern that favourite my tweet or a fan account?
16. OH MY GOD IT REALLY WAS CECELIA AHERN. ONE OF MY FAVOURITE AUTHORS KNOW I EXIST.
17. I am literally drowning in all the books I have to read
18. Oh look, a review request, that’s nice, someone actually wants me to review their book!
19. Oh look, 5629492927 more review requests. I can’t cope with this.
20. Ooooh, NetGalley, what’s this then?
21. Oh my fucking god this website is literally taking over my life
22. Damn it, I’ve run out of book storage space
23. I am so jealous of this person’s blog I might cry…
24. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER BOOK BLOGGERS IN THE WORLD, WHERE HAVE YOU ALL BEEN HIDING?
25. Book blogging is the best decision I’ve ever made