AD this post contains gifted products // If we have learned anything from 2020, it’s that you need to learn how to treat yourself and we could all do with giving ourselves a bloody break once in a while. It’s okay not to be “on it” every minute of the day, it’s okay not to be productive every single day of your life and it’s certainly okay to feel like crap – for a multitude of reasons or for no reason at all – every now and again.
Treating yourself can play a huge part in your self care and ensuring your mental health and well-being is the best it can possibly be. I went through a horrible phase for a while where I wouldn’t treat myself to anything because I believed it was a waste. I didn’t think I deserved anything. What an awful thing to think about yourself.
But these feelings sadly aren’t uncommon.
But it’s important to remember that treating yourself doesn’t HAVE to be expensive, lavish or indulgent. It can be. And if it is, that’s cool. But if you don’t have the means, then you don’t have to put yourself in debt in order to give yourself a treat.
When thinking about how to treat yourself, it’s also handy to be intentional and think about what you ACTUALLY need and want in this moment, rather than being impulsive. Does your soul feel heavy? You might choose an hour long meditation session or a Yoga class. If it’s your body that’s aching, then a warm bath or a massage will help.
We all deserve a treat. Yes, even you.
So your task for me today is to pick out just one thing from this list and treat yourself to it – whenever is convenient for you.
I’ve tried to cover all basis in this mega list. Some are free, some are easy, some are expensive. Pick whichever one is suiting your current needs and circumstances right now.
Struggling to figure out how to treat yourself? Here are 62 suggestions!
Free ways to treat yourself:
- Have a nap
- Go for a walk in nature
- Sit in the sun for an hour
- Make yourself an amazing cup of tea
- Give yourself the afternoon off
- Catch up on your favourite YouTuber’s
- Listen to a podcast
- Play with your pet
- Watch your favourite movie
10 ways to treat your body:
- Go for a run around a park
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast
- Go for a massage
- Do a power Yoga practice
- Massage your feet
- Moisturize your whole body
- Drink a glass of ice cold water
- Make a beautiful fruit salad
- Cook your favourite healthy meal
- Go for a manicure or pedicure
Indulgent or more expensive ideas:
- Book a spa weekend
- Buy yourself some flowers
- Eat out at your favourite restaurant
- Go on a solo trip
- Book tickets to something you want to see
- Have a day of shopping
- Buy some new books
- Treat yourself to a new hair cut, style or colour at a salon
- Book an experience for yourself
- Buy yourself a new piece of jewellery
Jewellery is something that I’ve always absolutely LOVED. I love buying jewellery for others as gifts and if I’m ever to REALLY treat myself, then jewellery is always on the list. So this seems like the perfect time to introduce you to Lily Blanche.
Lily Blanche was founded by Gillian, who took great inspiration from her Grandmother, Lily Blanche. She encouraged and inspired Gillian’s creativity and is the motivation behind everything they do in the Lily Blanche Studio. Many of their designs are inspired by the pieces in her jewel box.
You can read more about the Lily Blanche story here but from that small snippet alone, you already know this is going to be a company worth watching. I was very kindly offered a piece from their Magical Charms collection which suits me down to a T. The whole collection is stunning but I was seriously blown away when my piece arrived.
I chose the Magical Charm Necklace with the Cinderella inspired carriage charm and it is just exquisite. The attention to detail in this piece blew my mind. The side of the carriage is detailed with a beautiful stone, the wheels spin – YES THEY SPIN – and the carriage even opens to reveal a tiny slipper. It’s magical.
The attention to detail doesn’t stop there though because even their packaging is done with optimum care. From the DKNY scented tissue paper, to the classy Lily Blanche bag and pouch, everything about this brand and product screams high quality, personal and magic.
I’ve been very fortunate to work with a handful of incredible jewellery brands on my blog, some of which I’ve gone on to purchase from many times myself. I know Lily Blanche is going to become a firm favourite of mine and if you love high quality jewellery, made from a place of love with oodles of charm and character, then you’ll absolutely love Lily Blanche too.
You’ll know that I’m a huge Disney fan by now. I was hoping to visit Disneyland Paris before the pandemic happened and obviously haven’t been able to go since. I’m so eager to get there but I know it’s not going to be an option for a while. This beautiful and dainty little charm can remind me that there’s magic everywhere – even in the unexpected!
Soul feel heavy? How to treat your soul and spirit:
- Journal it out: try these journal prompts for mental health if you don’t know where to start!
- Do a Yoga practice
- Light incense
- Use crystals
- Do a digital detox and get offline for an hour or a day
- Script your ideal day or week
Relaxing ways to treat yourself:
- Have a candlelit bath
- Listen to relaxing music for an hour
- Have a head massage
- Use a hot tub
- Book a floatation tank
- Take yourself to the beach
- Sunbathe with a good book
- Use calming body oils
- Paint or draw
Food related treat ideas:
- Have breakfast in bed
- Go for a picnic
- Make your favourite cake
- Eat at a fancy restaurant
- Order your favourite takeaway
- Take yourself to a coffee shop
- Have a cocktail making afternoon
- Make a 3 course meal at home
Beauty and pampering ideas:
- Paint your nails
- Shave your legs: I use my amazing estrid razor and I’m in love with it!
- Buy some new skincare products
- Do your make-up
- Book a full body massage
- Do a face mask and a hair mask
- Get a pedicure and foot massage