2016 has not got off to the happiest of starts. There’s been some sad news, some down days and some uncertainty but despite all of that, it’s always good to try and look for the good things in life – no matter how big or small they might be.
- Reading a book that consumes your entire being
- Doing something that usually makes you anxious but finding that you’re completely fine
- Finding that perfect quote that sums up everything you’ve been feeling
- Dogs. My dog, a friend’s dog, a stranger’s dog. It doesn’t matter, just dogs
- Freshly washed bed sheets
- Realising that the thing you’ve been worried about doing/saying didn’t need to be worried about
- Watching an inspirational programme/documentary. The Supervet comes to mind
- Reading travel blogs. Wanderlust. So much wanderlust
- De-cluttering my bedroom
- Looking back and realising you made it through all the mess
- Disney songs that remind me of being a child
- My teddy bear that I’ve had since before I was born
- Dog walks and meeting other dog walkers on dog walks. Dog people are so friendly
- Old friends. Old friends that despite how different everything is, nothing changes
- Beautiful sunsets
- Seeing another person happy for whatever reason
- Looking at the stars and realising how truly small you and everything around you is (I find this strangely calming)
- Good customer service. It goes a long way people
- Rain. Rain, rain don’t go away
- The moment after a cold when you can breathe normally again
- Buying something for yourself and not feeling guilty about it because we are worth it
- Stepping outside and smelling Spring for the first time that year (before hay fever hits and makes you wanna die)
- Disney films. All the Disney films
- Finding that perfect sleeping position and being so comfortable your scared to move
- Having plans and lots of things to look forward to
- TV show binge sessions and not feeling at all guilty for not changing out of the same pyjamas for 3 days solid
- Cute notebooks and stationary. Every bloggers weakness
- Animals – all animals. Animal documentaries, being at the zoo (ethical zoos) looking at photos of animals just animals
- Laying outside on a warm summers day, listening to music and not having a care in the world
- Successfully finishing a blog post after being stuck in a rut- yay!
Awww so many of these I can identify with, they are truly so magical! Mine might be, the spring, spotting a deer, rose season and spending time with animals 😀 I love your blog! xx
elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
Cooking a meal, making a baby smile, finishing a romance novel with a perfect hea, making a craft!
Yes to all of these!! I love cleaning the apartment top to bottom and then that feeling of just getting to relax and do whatever in a freshly cleaned room 🙂
Lovely post Jenny, one I’m thinking of doing too at some point… agree with so many of your happy reasons.. have a very happy, fun filled Sunday.
Thank you so much – would love to see your list! xx
Thanks Jenny… thought I might combine it with a 3 day 3 quote challenge that I intend to do soon.. xx
I was nodding my head and internally screaming “Yes!” at pretty much all of these things 😄 I completely agree with them.
I’d like to make a suggestion for an inspirational documentary… “Happy” is a really good one and is about what brings us happiness and how people define\experience happiness, using examples and stories from cultures all over the world. It’s really interesting and uplifting 😊 Another one that I haven’t seen yet but I’ve been following for years, is “Twinsters” which is about a set of twins who were separated at birth and didn’t know each other existed, until one of them randomly found the other on the Internet. It’s also supposed to be really good and inspiring ☺️
I’ve seen the Happy documentary on Netflix but never watched it – will definitely get around to it soon. Some great recommendations (: xx
number one all the way. I remember re-reading the harry potter series for (not mentioned) time, and legitimately confusing events within the book and real-life events. In short, dream is to one day become Ginny Weasley.
Haha! A very good dream that is!
Reblogged this on Anita Dawes & Jaye Marie.
Thanks for reblogging (: xx