I can’t believe we’re at the business end of March already. I hope this month has been good to you and you’ve achieved some cool stuff! I’m looking back over my March goals today to see how I did and I can safely say I did much better than I did in February, so that’s a bonus!
1. Don’t pick my nails for a week: Did. Not. Do. Not a brilliantly start but I genuinely think my nail picking problem is much deeper and going to be much harder to budge than just sticking it on some goals post. To me, it’s kinda like a form of self destruction. So it’s possibly something I’ll need to talk to someone professional about to get to the underlying cause of why I do it so excessively before I can think about tackling it. Which is fine.
2. Don’t go on Facebook for a week: I started this one in the evening of the 1st March and successfully completed my week. To be honest, I don’t have an awful lot of feelings about this one. It wasn’t difficult. I didn’t miss it. I still used messenger because you know, I like talking to my friends. But the proper Facebook app, I didn’t use and I don’t feel much towards it. Complete!
3. Hit 9k on Twitter: Yay! I finally hit this (after it being on my goals list for 2 months) on 4th March. Inevitably, people un-followed me afterwards so it dropped again but whatever! I’m back up to 9k now.
4. Re-read a book I love: Did! I re-read Looking for Alaska by John Green. One of my absolute favourites and I have a gorgeous, gold 10th anniversary edition too. I forget how much I love my favourite books until I re-read them and fall in love with them all over again.
5. Read 5 books: I’ve read 4 full books this month (some of which were bloody amazing and will have reviews up soon for!) and I’m currently on my 5th as we speak. So I’ll consider this one done!
6. Go out for afternoon tea / tea and cake with my Mum: We didn’t manage to do this however, my parents did join my boyfriend and I for a day and night whilst we were away in Shropshire and we had a lovely meal with them so I’m not too down about not completing this as we still got to spend some time with both my parents!
7. Watch Moana: I finally, at long last, watched Moana and I gotta say… I wasn’t disappointed. At first I was like hmmmm, this is going to be over-hyped but by the end, the story-line was just so beautiful. I absolutely loved Moana as a character – what a damn fierce role model and I loved that it was a Disney film which didn’t have any romance elements to it. It was nice to see a young woman as a lead, doing what she needed to do, to save a freaking island. It was also nice to see a friendship develop between two people who shouldn’t really be friends. Loved it.
8. Hit 5,000 blog followers: I am absolutely thrilled to pieces that I achieved this one! I hit this goal on 3rd March, so early on in the month too so that’s wonderful. Thank you so much to everyone that follows me!