affiliate links // I’m a very goal oriented person. I really thrive off of working towards goals and I feel a bit stagnant and stuck if I don’t have anything to actively work towards. And since blogging is my full-time career, most of my goals are blogging related now. However blogging can definitely be a very goal centered thing, with us all looking for that next milestone.
Although it’s important not to make the goals the ONLY focus of your blogging life, they are an incredible tool to help you move forward, stay focused and keep momentum up. I’m also a firm believer in achievable goals, especially when you’re setting monthly or even weekly goals.
There’s simply no point setting something totally unachievable that we all just end up crying over which makes us never want to write a blog post ever again in our lives.
I’ve spoken to a few people (other bloggers) – through coaching them and general chit-chat – who don’t set goals for their blog but when I mentioned it, they realised how much it might help them progress. And guess what? It DID.
If you’re new to goal setting with your blog, no worries.
In this post I’ve suggested 40 different goal ideas for you to set for your blog to help you grow and stay motivated. Of course with each of these goals, should you choose to use them, you should add your own numbers and things to fill the gaps and make the goal suit you and where you are in your blogging journey.
40 blogging goals for growth and motivation:
Stat and number goals:
Stat and number goals are always great goals to set because they’re so black and white. There’s certainly no question as to whether you’ve hit these goals or not; you either have or you haven’t. And there’s definitely nothing wrong with wanting to grow in numbers too – I don’t personally agree with the numbers don’t matter argument but that’s another post for another day!
- Hit __ Twitter Followers
- Reach __ Facebook Likes
- Gain __ Instagram Followers
- Hit _____ Monthly Page Views
- Get ___ Blog Subscribers
- Increase My DA Score By ___
- Hit ___ Mailing List Subscribers
- Get ___ Downloads of My Podcast
- Grow Engagement Rate by ___%
- Get ___ Monthly Views From Pinterest
- Reach ____ Monthly Views On Pinterest
Resources + blog posts to help with your stat goals:
- Blog DA Score: What It Is, Why It’s Useful and How To Improve It
- The Ultimate Pinterest Marketing Guide eBook
- A Beginners Guide To Growing Your Blog Following
Money making goals:
If you’re a blogger who’s making money from their blog or WANTS to start making money from their blog then money related goals are a great idea! Making money through blogging (or becoming a full-time blogger) can be a long process, so having these goals to work towards will help you keep up the momentum.
- Pitch To ___ Brands About Collaborations (sign up to my mailing list for access to my freebie library, where I have a full guide on pitching to brands – including a template!)
- Brainstorm ___ Brands To Pitch To In the Future
- Sign Up To ___ New Blogging Platforms
- Purchase An eBook On _____
- Schedule ___ Affiliate Tweets Every Day
- Sign Up To New Affiliate Programs
- Create Or Complete An eBook
- Establish Advertising Packages For Bloggers (check out my advertising packages here)
- Apply For ___ Blogging Opportunities
- Reach ___ In Blogging Income
- Make ___ Sales of My Course / eBook / Program
Resources + blog posts to help with your money making blogging goals:
- A Beginners Guide To Affiliate Sales eBook
- Top Tips For Using Get Blogged
- 6 Ways To Think of Brands To Pitch To For Collaborations
Content creation blogging goals:
I love these types of goals because they’re the fun goals out of the lot of them. Content creation is what I’m here for and what I’m passionate about the most, so these sort of goals are usually my main focus throughout the month! There are also so many different avenues of content creation, so this is where you can get creative and have some fun!
- Create All Content For Next Month
- Plan Blog Content Until the End of the Year
- Complete A ____ Gift Guide
- Create A New Freebie For Mailing List Subscribers
- Take Photos For Instagram
- Create ___ New Pins for Pinterest
- Write A Guest Post For Another Blogger
- Schedule ___ Mailing List Emails
- Create ___ Graphics For Twitter / Facebook
- Create Printables / Worksheets etc For Your Store
Resources + blog posts to help with your content creation goals:
- Styled Stock Society Stock Photo Membership
- 40 Pretty Pinterest Templates Starter Kit
- The Ultimate Guide To Planning Blog Content
Maintenance and admin goals:
Okay these are the boring goals. For me at least, this is the stuff I don’t like doing but I know I have to (or at least SHOULD do) in order to keep my blog, social media platforms and business ticking along nicely. Sorry – there’s simply no way to make these goals sound fun!
- Fix All Broken Links
- Update ___ Old Blog Posts With SEO + Keywords
- Keyword Research For ___ New Blog Content Ideas
- Schedule Pins For ___ Days
- Schedule Tweets For ___ Days
- Fill Out Your Tax Return / Tax Books
- Spend ___ Hours Working On Improving Your Site Speed
- Create A New Media Kit (+ Rate Card)
Resources + blog posts to help with your maintenance goals:
- Keyword Research For Bloggers eBook
- SEO For Bloggers eBook
- A Full Beginners Guide To Broken Links
- How To Create A Media Kit For Your Blog