It is January. That month that we literally just had like, 3 weeks ago. It is January… again. First of all, I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year! I hope the end of 2017 saw you out well, whatever the year was like for you and I hope you’re feeling positive and enthusiastic about the year to come! I certainly am. Despite the end of the year being a bit meh and uneventful for me, 2017 as a whole wasn’t bad. I wrote about my highlights of the year here and I really can’t complain too much. But as always when a new year rolls around, I’m feeling motivated and inspired to tackle some brand new goals. But this year, I’m not going to set myself huge, unrealistic and un-achieveable goals for the entire year, I want to take it one month at a time. So here are my goals for January!
1. Read 4 books: Starting off nice a simple and easy, I want to read 4 books this month (full length books, not short stories). I’m a pretty slow reader so a book a week would be a nice little accomplishment for me.
2. Donate some money to an animal charity: I decided on this one one day in November after scrolling through Facebook for literally a minute and seeing over 5 articles about animal abuse. It really upset me, so I’m hoping to give whatever I feasibly can to an animal charity this month. If you have any suggestions of good charities, leave them in the comments!
3. Eat a vegetarian diet 2 days a week for the month: In 2017, I definitely tried to cut out meat more than I have ever done in the past and had a fair few vegetarian days. I’m not ready to take the full step yet but I want to try and do what I can to contribute and 2 days meat free a week is much better than none!
4. Blog every day in January: I started my January content back in November, so I thought it might be a good time to tackle a post-a-day challenge again, being as I was so ahead with posts. Hope you enjoy them!
5. Save a certain amount of money: I’m obviously not going to say how much I’m hoping to hit in my savings by the end of the month but I have a number in mind which I’m going to try very hard to achieve, especially after spending so much over Christmas!
6. Hit 8.3k on Twitter: At the time of writing (November 11th to be precise) I have 7.9k. I’m hoping to hit 8k by the end of the year so hopefully 8.3k by the end of January is perfectly doable!
7. Sort out my YouTube: I don’t have a YouTube channel, nor do I plan to start one but I very much enjoy watching YouTuber’s. However… over the last year, my subscription box and my “watch later” list has gotten out of hand. There’s so many videos on there which aren’t relevant to me anymore and so many others I want to watch but haven’t gotten around to. So by the end of January, I want a nice, clean YouTube!
8. Go for a massage: In my 2018 self-care goals post, I said I wanted to go for regular massages as a part of my self-care routine. So I’ll definitely be booking myself in for one (maybe 2!) this month to kick off the New Year.