Christmas, Christmas, Christmasssss! I honestly remember putting our Christmas decorations away from last year like it was 2 weeks ago – how on Earth are we at this time of year again already? I swear it comes around quicker and quicker every single year but I love Christmas, so I’m ready to fully embrace this festive season.
I’ve actually sacrificed Autumn and Halloween a bit this year because I’ve been very aware of how much money I’ve been spending lately and whilst I would have absolutely loved to decorate for Autumn and buy ALL the candles and ALL the cozy blankets, I just couldn’t. I’m an adult now. I need to be sensible.
So I sacrificed the last few months to save and prepare for Christmas. I want to make even more of an effort than normal this year. I want to decorate my garden office, I want to buy perfect gifts for my friends and family and I might, I MIGHT, even attempt to make Christmas dinner myself this year. Which could go either way; I’ve never done it before.
So if you’re struggling for ideas of how to get cozy, embrace Christmas and Winter and inject a bit more self care into your life during this time of year, here are 80 ideas to inspire you!
- Make a Christmas cake
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Change your bedding to something… Christmassy!
- Read a Christmas book
- Have a warm bath with candles
- Decorate your desk or office space
- Buy yourself a Christmas present
- Knit a scarf
- Visit a Christmas market
- Make a hearty meal from scratch
- Go for a walk in the cold (and dress up warm!)
- Bake an apple pie
- Go and pick a Christmas tree
- Do a Christmas photo shoot with your pet
- Do a Christmas intention setting ritual
- Take yourself on a hot chocolate date
- Go shopping for gifts
- Experiment with a Winter or Christmas themed make up look
- Make room for the new
- And donate stuff to charity
- Make your own Christmas cards
- Buy some new loungewear
- Have a pajama day
- Take photos in a Winter landscape
- Go for a massage (before the stress of Christmas kicks in!)
- Journal what you’re grateful for this year
- Send out love or a prayer to people who need it this Christmas
- Donate to a charity
- Decorate with fairy lights
- Make your own pamper products
- Create a self care kit (either for yourself or someone else!)
- Arrange a game night with loved ones
- Get a haircut before Christmas
- Paint your nails in a festive pattern
- Go ice skating
- Go for a walk to look at Christmas lights
- Light Christmassy candles
- Go on a shopping trip for Christmas gifts with a loved one
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Be intentional with your time
- Get off of social media for a day of Christmas activities
- Make your own scented candles
- Build and decorate a blanket fort
- Create a Christmas Pinterest board
- Make your own advent calendar (for yourself or a loved one!)
- Plant some bulbs for next year
- Organize a Christmas sleepover
- Do a workout to Christmas music
- Buy a new hot water bottle
- Decorate your own baubles
- Try dry ski-slope skiing (or real skiing if you can!)
- Make smores
- Do a bonfire outside (if it’s safe to do so)
- Spruce up your home décor
- Count your blessings
- Wrap up presents to your favourite Christmas song or movie
- Write a Christmas story or poem
- Put feed out for the animals in your garden
- Take some cute photos for Instagram
- Watch a light switch on in your nearest city
- Try on Christmas party outfits with a friend
- Visit a zoo or aquarium
- Write Christmas blog content
- Play in the snow (if you’re lucky enough to have some)
- Buy or make remembrance baubles for loved ones who have passed
- Visit a garden center
- Draw or paint a Christmassy scene
- Make plans for next year
- Make your own wreath
- Have a cheese and wine evening (either alone or with a friend)
- Host a Christmas quiz night
- Make your favourite cocktail from scratch
- Book a cozy cabin in the woods for the night
- Go and see some reindeer (as long as it’s ethical)
- Make mince pies
- Build a gingerbread house
- Play music, sing or play an instrument
- Create a scrapbook of your year
I hope you can find some inspiration from these 80 ideas of cozy things you can do this year to embrace the season and indulge in self care along the way. This time of year can be really stressful, so don’t forget to look after your well-being at Christmas too!
[…] 80 Cozy Self Care Ideas For December + Christmas […]
[…] 80 Cozy Self Care Ideas for Christmas & December […]
You are a wonder! 🙂 Thank you for sharing…great ideas, as always!!!
Thank you Linda x
Embracing the season and indulging in self-care along the way – you just inspired me to do exactly that! The holidays can be very stressful and sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves. Love all these self-care tips. Thank you!
I try to prioritize as much self-care as possible during the holiday season! Even if that’s just cozying up with spiced mocha and a Christmas movie at night after all my work or reading a festive book by the tree. It’s so important to me. These are amazing suggestions!
Absolutely! I feel like I need to do that with a Christmas movie soon x
Ah, these are the perfect Christmas self-care activities, Jenny. You know me, the garden centre and planting bulbs are things I regard as mandatory at this time of year! But I love the idea of making our own advent calendars and wreaths, Flora can help me, whether she wants to or not, haha! xx
Hahah I’m sure it’ll be fun for her!
Awesome ideas, maybe not for Instagram but I like to take selfies sometimes. But I do pose really good haha.
These are all lovely self care ideas for Christmas, snuggling up in front of the TV watching a Christmas film is my idea of Christmas self care! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
Thank you 🙂 x
Hello Jenny! I am a huge Christmas lover as well. Christmas is my favorite holiday season and I can’t wait for it to come. I love that some of these self care ideas are Christmas themed. I love the idea of writing down what I am grateful for, going for Christmas shopping and sending out love to people who need it this Christmas. PS: I love baking as well!
Christmas baking and expressing gratitude are great things to do this time of year!
These are fantastic self care ideas. I love the idea of being more intentional with your time.
Absolutely! So important when everything is so busy x
These are all great ideas! I especially love the idea of having a Pajama day – those are the best kinds!
We love Christmas too! We can’t wait to start watching movies and get a tree.
Hope you enjoy when you do!
These are all great ideas for self care leading up to the holidays! I hope you share your garden office when it’s complete! Thanks for sharing.
I’ve finished decorating my office – it’ll be on IG soon!
It’s defo warm and cosy season and I am so excited to have read this post this morning. I am hunkering down and putting the heating on while I do all kinds of baking, watch the best movies and get all cosy
Fab post! One of my favourite things to do at this time of year is get on the sofa with a snuggly blanket and watch a Christmas film!
It must be nice to travel to the UK or IS during Christmas season. Everything seems cozy there, right? Malaysia is sooooo hot now.
Ah I bet it is! We’ve had snow!
I can believe it is almost December again so quickly. I can’t wait for Christmas to get together with my family, to decorate the Christmas tree and bake cookies. I also love long walks out in the cold weather 🙂
It’s ridiculous isn’t it! I love long walks in the cold too x
These are all great ideas! I went Christmas shopping over the weekend and bought myself a Winter diffuser – it really got me in the Christmas mood 🙂
Ooooh sounds lovely!
Retail therapy is one of my go to methods to feel good, and I love shopping at Christmas time (when it’s not too busy!) thank you you for sharing these lovely ideas x
Oh for sure! When it’s too busy it’s not enjoyable at all x
Love these ideas! I am super excited for Christmas, but like you I feel it just comes around so quick and I am so scared the whole of December is just going to disappear! Also I have made my own Garland and wreath this year which has saved so much money, I mean some of them out there are so expensive!! X
I know right! I can’t believe it’s the end of November already!