Self care is a vital part of staying happy and healthy. It’s great for when you want to maintain your mental and physical well-being but also an important tool for helping us get through those tough mental health days. Which inevitably we will all have. But, let’s not beat around the bush, a lot of us have busy and hectic lives. With kids and jobs and relationships to maintain. We don’t have time to treat ourselves to hours of self care every day. Which is where this handy list of self care ideas in 10 minutes or less comes in!
As much as we’d all love to be going for massages, pedicures and hour long walks in the countryside every day, it’s obviously not feasible for most of us, for a lot of different reasons. But that’s certainly not to say that we shouldn’t be trying to introduce small acts of self care into our daily lives.
10 minutes of self care is better than none at all!
There are thousands upon thousands of self care ideas but today we’re focusing on those small acts of kindness we can give to ourselves when we’re a busy mum, a working woman, a carer or someone that just leads a very busy lifestyle. Circumstances don’t always allow for an hour long soak in the bath, sadly!
In times of stress, it is SO bloody important to take extra care of ourselves. Even if we’re busy. Even if we’re tired. Even if we have responsibilities. I truly believe that you can’t give your full self to your duties if you don’t take care of yourself adequately too.
If you’re struggling to fit self care into your busy life, this post is for you. The list below contains simple self care ideas which will take 10 minutes or less. Just 10 minutes of your day – we all have that to spare. Some things listed below are super basic self care ideas as well, that we absolutely shouldn’t overlook.
Here are 30 self care ideas which will take you just 10 minutes or LESS!
- Meditate for 10 minutes
- Yoga (check out this playlist from Yoga With Adriene of practices under 10 minutes)
- Journal your thoughts and feelings
- Read a book or magazine
- Moisturize your body (I love the Vitamin E All Over Body Cream from Superdrug!)
- Freshen up (wash your face, brush your teeth, brush your hair etc)
- Go outside for a 10 minute walk
- Put on your favourite songs
- Text a friend
- Write a list of things you want to plan
- Make yourself the perfect cup of tea or coffee
- Treat yourself to a cake or a sweet treat
- Snuggle with a pet
- Clip and paint your nails
- Stretch your muscles
- Drink a glass of water
- Watch a video from your favourite YouTuber
- Listen to a short podcast/TedTalk
- Treat yourself to something online
- Read a blog post from your favourite blogger
- Create a vision board on Pinterest
- Clean something
- Write a list of things you’re grateful for
- Hug someone
- Do a visualization exercise
- Give yourself a neck massage
- Delete all Facebook friends you no longer speak to
- Make your bed
- Book an appointment you’ve been putting off (like your cervical screening)
- Do a quick 10 minute HIIT workout (check out Holly Dolke on YouTube!)
Which suggestions are your favourite? What do you like to do as a small act of self love or self care when you’re busy? Let me know!